Thread Rating:
Celtic already closing in on another PL title with ease!
Star 
An efficient 0-1 win v Dundee this afternoon and the Hoops too good for any of the lesser teams that will be stuttering behind them to pick up 2nd or 3rd position if their lucky to avoid major injuries etc! Celtic already 5 pts ahead with a 'game in hand' and I'll predict at least a 20 pt gap between 1st and 2nd spot by season end - it's all too easy at this lower level of footie!
Dundee huffed and puffed and celtic looked a bit leggy after midweek but they strolled it really. I don't remember dundee having a shot on goal.

Brown looks a different player under rodgers.
Aye! Broony was a top level performer v Man City and I agree Rodgers has freshened him up with the appropriate encouragement and coaching.
And the Hoops increase the pts gap at the top to 7pts with a 'game in hand' after the Dons (last night) and Hearts (tonight) both 'slip up' at Hamilton and Rugby Pk respectively. A solid 0-4 romp v Ross County!
Hand them the three trophies now
Well certainly hand them the one that counts, the league and the CL place that goes with it. Anyone has a chance in a one off cup game but over a league season no one will get close to them. Not just a case of them winning it, but a case that the chasing clubs will continue to drop points in games they should be winning if they want to keep up with them.
4-0 was very harsh on county who played well 2nd half and could easily have got something out the game. celtic will drop points at some stage though as they will have played over 40 games by end of the year. If sevco change manager they could still salvage their season but that club remains a huge clusterfuck on and off the park.....and i just don't think hertz or aberdeen will be consistent enough over the season to really push them.

Thought henderson played ok the night but rodgers opted to rest a lot of the first team. Cant see him making it there.
(26-10-2016, 23:57)St Charles Owl Wrote: Well certainly hand them the one that counts, the league and the CL place that goes with it.  Anyone has a chance in a one off cup game but over a league season no one will get close to them.  Not just a case of them winning it, but a case that the chasing clubs will continue to drop points in games they should be winning if they want to keep up with them.

I believe they play the Dons next at Pittodrie Stadium. So that result will certainly go a long way to tell us if Celtic are gonna streak away with a record pts total or, at worst, there's a 'slight glitch' in Celtic's march to 'six in a row'. Do remember that Rodgers made eight changes to his Celtic team! It just proves that sound investment in a decent players' squad pays dividends as usual and I'll be surprised if the Hoops lose v the Dons TBF!
Aberdeen are a good side at home,and will be right up for this. Not easy to go up there at midday and get the win.

Be a good game to watch in the pub b4 heading to the hibs game
Looking forward to the game, a celtic win and just give us the title now
Mrs edgie wants to go "shopping" trying to steer the time round the game.

I can see all the teams bellow Celtic all take points off each other, so none of them will get a run together.
my prediction for the top 5 is
1 Celtic
2 Aberdeen
3 hearts
4 Rangers
5 St Johnstone

With Celtic well clear and a gap between 3rd and 4th
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »