Thread Rating:
Colchester United @ The Weston Homes Community Stadium 3/5/2015
To be fair Col U deserved it more, ticket office Tuesday, Chesterfield on Thursday do love Derbyshire this time of year. Match report tomorrow as I really can't be arsed today
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

So play offs it is, fair play to Colchester wanted it more, eight minutes from time they got what they deserved when Moncur fired home to send 3000 travelling whites fans into total despondency believe me that is the worst feeling I have ever had leaving a game.
A scrappy first half with Colchester shading it, not a lot of goalmouth action apart from Murphey who was slightly unlucky when chipping a straying Johnstone to miss by inches.
The second half was more open with Beckford being denied when well placed by a last ditch tackle, however Colchester should have taken the lead on the hour from the penalty spot after Johnstone brought down a home forward, Porter's kicked landed 30 miles away in the Thames. Reprieved North End piled on the pressure corner after corner, shots blocked by home defenders and Garner missing a header from close range, should have scored.
Substitute Robinson was causing chaos although his final ball was crap as were many others during the game.
Then came Moncur's goal. Jubilant scenes at the end when it was confirmed United had stayed up and fair play to those North End fans who graciously clapped United's salvation.

Colchester United 1 Preston North End 0 Att 8100
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »