Thread Rating:
Is this the begining of the end?
Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has banned Sky Sports from covering Tuesday's game between Leeds and Derby because he believes live TV coverage undermines his club's attendances and commercial income. (Daily Mirror) DD Huh Huh
Ubique.
"This is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is perhaps the end of the beginning."

(Winston Churchill 1942.........................and Anthony Pulis 2015)
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
(29-12-2015, 02:34)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has banned Sky Sports from covering Tuesday's game between Leeds and Derby because he believes live TV coverage undermines his club's attendances and commercial income. (Daily Mirror) DD  Huh  Huh

I don't think Cellno gets the concept. Sky pay money to broadcast your game and sponsors pay money to have their names shown on TV..... Doh
(29-12-2015, 12:00)tidy Wrote:
(29-12-2015, 02:34)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has banned Sky Sports from covering Tuesday's game between Leeds and Derby because he believes live TV coverage undermines his club's attendances and commercial income. (Daily Mirror) DD  Huh  Huh

I don't think Cellno gets the concept. Sky pay money to broadcast your game and sponsors pay money to have their names shown on TV..... Doh

Exactly. And with said money paid by Sky and sponsors they might even improve the squad and drag themselves back up into the Prem at some point.

I get the feeling that being an average side playing in the Championship is the real reason why attendances are low Massimo  Whistle
I wonder if he would ban sky and all its riches if Leeds made the Premiership .....

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm let's see Laugh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Although their fans would violently disagree, Leeds United are historically a second tier club.

Compared to West Bromwich Albion they have spent far more seasons in the lower leagues Even allowing for the Revie era and the period immediately following.

Strangely, their disillusioned supporters believe they should always be included in the elite group of the big clubs such as Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc etc. I would astonished if they ever achieve Premiership status in the foreseeable future and as such their anti-Sky/TV stance is academic.
Angel
Looks like their little publicity stunt is over and Sky are allowed in again.
I think Sky showed them the contract terms.
They seem compelled to piss off their fans at the minute... This Sky stunt and the "pie tax" earlier in the month.

Celino and Leeds deserve each other.
St Charles Owl likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »