Thread Rating:
Shiver Going up Ronnys Spine ?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footb...27446.html

Whistle
Sometimes right and sometimes wrong, but always certain  Thumb up
Does anyone think Ronny is in danger of being fired??
I think his coat's on a shoogly peg
I can see him getting binned before the seasons out. Not because he has done badly domestically,just he doesnt look remotely close to getting them to the CL
He said himself, "judge me on European results" by any measure they've been poor. Lawell and Desmond will be feeling the heat of blowing their chance to build a "super club" while their other half has been away and will want to make sure they get to the CL groups next season. Can they trust Deila? I reckon not
To be fair the quality of player that Celtic need to attract to give them a good run in Europe are not looking at Scotland as a destination!! Domestically it's too easy for Celtic, sure Aberdeen and maybe Hearts this year could push them a little but we all know they will likely fall away as the season goes on. That lack of real quality competition in the league has left Celtic with lesser quality players and probably a touch of complacency when European games come around.

I have said this before, Celtic fans may be loving the fact that the league title is almost certainly theirs every season but without the challenge that Rangers gave them, and vice versa, the need to constantly improve the squad and retain the best players and still be able to win is not as great. When was the last truly great player to play for them or in Scotland in general?? Scotland used to produce some world class players, but you have to go back to the Dalglish era to find the last ones!!
I don't think you can blame the quality of player available, SCO. Ronny's been beaten 3 times in CL qualifiers in his 2 seasons, by Legia, Maribor and Malmo. They're all teams Celtic would more realistically buy from than sell to, and none of them have the wage budget Celtic do or come from especially good leagues.
Maroon 1 likes this post
El Car is right Celtic have been emptied out of Europe by teams of journeymen, who have simply been better coached and organised.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »