Thread Rating:
Claude Puel
Ex Saints boss appointed manager at Filbert Street if it had been still standing So King Power Stadium it is, not inspiring
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Despite rescuing the team from near the bottom of the table, Puel`s possession football and perhaps tenth place isnt seen as good enough and huge talk of replacements on the cards

Marco Silva is a name thrown about
Sean Dyche, David Wagner, Rafa Benitez and Eddie Howe are current occupied managers whose names have been thrown about
Brendan Rodgers I dont think will leave Celtic until he`s got ten in a row
Giovanni an Bronckhorst and Phillip Cocu will make the step up sometime although EPL and Dutch Manager`s current form would offer long odds
Laurent Blanc would be a huge statement of intent
Gareth Southgate a most interesting choice, depends on how this summer goes!
Some PL teams need to get a grip and start being realistic about their expectations. Southampton got rid of Puel and almost got relegated, Leicester need to realize that their PL title season was truly a one-off, anywhere between 7-10th should be their expectation for any manager and anything beyond that is a bonus.
I dont know, it`s an attitude I got off an old Brazilian Manager who coached Jamaica at the World Cup who asked about their chances said "We are going out to win it" , whilst he knew his limitations he certainly wasn't going to make up the numbers
Id certainly never hire a coach who went out for a draw at Old Trafford or rolled over at the Emirates, you go out to win every game and only when it`s Mathematically impossible do you abandon that dream, maybe i`m somewhat old school in my thinking!

Leicester are a big club, dont have quite the money of Everton or the following of Newcastle but the potential is there to improve on both
I dont see why a "Outside" club even in these days of Monopoly money and super agents cant hit top 3 or 4 ?
Deportivo La Coruna, VFB Stuggart, AZ Alkmaar, Bursapor, Verona, among the clubs who have broken traditional dominance

How good would Tottenham be without Pochettino? Imagine Arsenal make a bad management appointment, that`s two big guns out the equation already

Anyway I digress, Puel is a decent enough if unexciting manager, but playing possession football with three wingers(or Okazaki) and Vardy negates a lot of where their strength lies which is the counter attack (And what won them the title)
Apart from Maguire and Ndidi the transfer policy isn't quite Stoke City but dosent represent the hopes of the fans
I'm not saying they should go for draws or just make up the numbers, but a number of clubs seem to be in the mode of getting rid of managers after what would normally be considered successful seasons but because the expectations are unrealistic the manager gets fired. West Brom, Stoke and now Swansea have all changed managers and to what effect?? Southampton got rid of Puel after he had them in the top 10 and a cup final, Leicester have removed Ranieri, then Shakespeare and now maybe Puel, and they are still right up there as among the best of the rest.
Yes agree with that
Blackburn Rovers were what sixth? When Allardyce got the boot, never went right after that

I dont like the hire/fire mentality at all
He is a good Manager but really not sure if he plays to the club`s strength`s so will never be popular, but does deserve time to make the team his own, deserves huge credit to get the team second from bottom to where they are now and get Mahrez, Gray etc in much better form
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »