Sports Babble - sports forum
Sevco - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Scottish Football League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Scottish Premiership (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: Rangers (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=131)
+----- Thread: Sevco (/showthread.php?tid=10799)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Sevco - hibeejim21 - 11-11-2021

Well it finally looks like the timmy media in scotland have finally done the unthinkable and forced Stevie geeeeeeeeee out the door  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  One of the genuinely least pleasant individuals to coach up here for some time. Was genuinely howling with laughter listening to mccoist/adam/rae/hately/young and Kenny Mac  openly pleading for him to stay.

His departure had nothing to do with the mega pay deal he is picking up at villa, or that he was clearly dropping his skirt for any EPL gig that came up, or that his last deal had a paltry release fee on it... No siree. It was genuinely hilarious watching the penny finally drop for their clueless arsehole fans. They never learn. 

3 mill for their entire coaching team in the run up to our semi final with them  Laugh Ross better not xxxx it up this time.

As for stevie i think he's a heavily overrated manager, he did well in the europa but a lot of his wins were against dross they should be beating anyway. If Covid hadn't have struck he would have been out the door before last season. He has a whole team of players who's deals are up over the next season and they are totally skint. I thought Gerrard might take a few of their players but now i'm not so sure, his position is "head coach" so it may well be he doesn't have as much influence on that front as i thought.

Could a Mcinnes style appointment be coming ?

One things for sure Stevie has bailed out before the shit hits the fan.

RE: Gerrard - 0762 - 11-11-2021

Absolutely agree re the "overrated tag" attached to Gerrard and definitely a different "animal" compared with supercool Brendan Rodgers who excelled in a shit footie league, the Scot Prem, well known as one of the worst leagues in Euro footie - some grounding when one looks at Gerrard's overall spend/huge debt incurred and what he has actually achieved in Scot footie. Even the Scot Prem title win was tarnished by the whole nature of that "surreal" pandemic footie season with no fans and the highly questionable behaviour of the Scot ref fraternity towards RFC. However, they won't care how they won it even if it was proved they cheated "big time" by buying off officials or similar!! Their huge accumulated debt/losses is highly questionable anyway and nobody challenging this issue enough - as though we've never seen this kinda shit before, seen it too often in the past 20 years!! Didn't win a single domestic cup either btw. Also agree that McInnes is the likely next manager although a lotta Huns wouldn't be too enamoured with that arrangement. IMO Gerrard won't last a season at Villa unless he gets lucky - jumping from a cool "frying pan into the fire" and will get burned eventually.

RE: Gerrard - ritchiebaby - 11-11-2021

Word is that Gerrard's wife and daughters wanted to move out of Weegieland. Don't blame them either.

He's used Rangers to get what he wanted - a move to the EPL. Cynical and ruthless right enough. And Rangers get a shedload of desperately needed cash, probably more than they would get for a player. I wonder how many players will go south with him. Very few, I suspect, as they're barely good enough for the SPL.

RE: Gerrard - hibeejim21 - 12-11-2021

Park and co have made it clear any future loans will have to be paid back, no more fannying around with barrow loads of shares. Or as Dave King points out in his interview they will secure it on the clubs property. He was basically warning them that the freebies are over.

And now you have a new manager coming in to pick up the pieces with a hectic schedule and relatively older players who have a very set style of play. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

A lot of paper talk about Van Bronkhurst because he's a name, but his title win at feyenoord looks increasingly like a fluke in terms of his career since. He also has an ego that makes Gerrard look shy and retiring.

With celtic also in transition and looking vulnerable i think this is a great chance for the other clubs to win and challenge for stuff this season. Remember Gerrard never came close to winning a cup in his time up here.

RE: Gerrard - hibeejim21 - 12-11-2021

Although the fans wouldn't have it Mcinnes would be a steady choice for them, think he would work well with the players they have.

Instead it looks like its between Fat Frank Lampard and Van Bronkhurst.

RE: Gerrard - hibeejim21 - 20-11-2021

Note Gerrards demotion from "Mr Gerrard" to "f*nian bastard" from the sevco fans. Laugh

Fickle bunch...

RE: Gerrard - 0762 - 20-11-2021

It just says it all re the scum who support this toxic footie club and is definitely the worst one in the whole country by far when it comes to the sort of shit that they are allowed to "get away with". I'd luv to see UEFA mete out an outright ban on them participating in Euro footie. That would really "focus minds" on their current position/unacceptable behaviour when deemed a footie pariah by a higher footie authority plus it would financially wreck all their future aspirations.

RE: Gerrard - hibeejim21 - 24-11-2021

Sutton banned again Laugh

So embarrassingly small time.

RE: Gerrard - hibeejim21 - 05-01-2022

I've watched this clowns villa teams last few games, what a bunch of diving,cheats Gerrard has turned them into. Absolutely 100% that comes from the manager. Some of the simulation against brentford was embarrassing. Mcginn slowly morphing into a clogger like Arfield.

The only difference is the refs down south don't fall for it where up here they got decisions every time. Then afterwards he did his usual "throw the team under the bus" routine.

Interesting also that he didn't take a punt on Patterson, but then he never really played him anyway. The boy looks a good player and it indicates the huns desperation that they have had to sell him before he is even halfway developed or had the chance to be a mainstay in their team and pull in a bigger fee.

11 Mill including add-ons is good money for a guy who's barely played though. Suspect that will give them the cash up front to fill the hole in their accounts and limp on to the end of the season.

RE: Gerrard - HerefordBull - 05-01-2022

I did put on a Villa forum when it was known he was going there that he would notice a big difference in decisions going for his team compared to when he was at sevco. This is proving to be the case but the Villa fans ( as we used to) talk about a conspiracy against clubs outside the top 3 and there is an agenda to help the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool with decisions ( both via ref and VAR)...............sound familiar Stevie? Huh Whistle Not sure it's true but makes me smile when I hear them going on about it, as we used to when the uglies get the rub of the green all the time.......seemingly.

Forum talk after the Brentford game that it was their worst display under SG and that the honeymoon period is over..............we'll now see how good he is.