Sports Babble - sports forum
One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Scottish Football League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Scottish Premiership (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: Celtic (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+----- Thread: One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! (/showthread.php?tid=10100)

Pages: 1 2

One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! - 0762 - 10-01-2021

After all the govt/public criticisms and subsequent defensive orchestrations by Lennon and others re Celtic's wee jaunt in Dubai, news just breaks out this afternoon they have one confirmed 1st team case of COVID!!! Doh That says it all and where does Hibs FC stand in this affair with a revised fixture to fulfil at Celtic Park tomorrow??? Unbelievable!

RE: One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! - BouncingHibees - 10-01-2021

Surely the whole Celtic squad should be self isolating

RE: One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! - hibeejim21 - 10-01-2021

Tested Friday after they came back from Dubai. We knew this would happen after the Man City ladies team came down with covid after going out there. A mental decision. I hope the player is ok.

No more xxxx rearrangements though, they play their youth team or forfeit the game.

RE: One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! - 0762 - 11-01-2021

(10-01-2021, 20:20)BouncingHibees Wrote: Surely the whole Celtic squad should be self isolating

13 x players now self-isolating and 3 x staff, incl Lenny, all likewise. This looks like the final coup de grace to a footie campaign where COVID has not been kind to CFC during certain periods of season 2020-21. FM comment: "I do think Celtic themselves should reflect on the events of the past week and learn from it".

RE: One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! - BouncingHibees - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 15:38)0762 Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 20:20)BouncingHibees Wrote: Surely the whole Celtic squad should be self isolating

13 x players now self-isolating and 3 x staff, incl Lenny, all likewise. This looks like the final coup de grace to a footie campaign where COVID has not been kind to CFC during certain periods of season 2020-21. FM comment: "I do think Celtic themselves should reflect on the events of the past week and learn from it".
The advice Celtic received was apparently in November and as Sturgeon said a lot has changed in that time. Miles off the top and they are off on winter holidays, shows how bad the mindset is at Celtic Park.

RE: One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! - hibeejim21 - 19-01-2021

Saw Lennons press conference...... Holy xxxx he really needs to be removed from post for the sake of his own health.

He's gone full trump.

RE: One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! - 0762 - 19-01-2021

I swear that if this had not been a Zoom press meeting somebody like Andy Walker would've ended up with a sair face! In fact, he might still end up with a sair face if Lennon gets near enough to him lol! I think there is a bigger overall picture that came out of this "no holds barred" press conference and that is the fact that a lotta people are being affected and "hurting" by this COVID lockdown, the restrictions etc - Lennon is just another example of it. Lets move away from football and there are so many examples of people who are affected in many different ways right across the social spectrum and it is starting to show. We are almost coming up to a year since the UK was affected by this pandemic and there is no doubt that people across our society have had enough, many have lost their jobs/livelihoods/businesses, lotsa people isolated from family etc, many people are not mentally able to withstand the continuous impact and adverse effect of the imposed lockdown measures and restrictions. I "slammed" into bbc Sportsound last night just to comment that they act as though there is no pandemic that is affecting people within Scot footie/society in general, and the fact it is an absolutely surreal footie season that the bbc hosts and pundits should actually acknowledge a lot more than they are doing. I concluded my cutting criticism of some of the shit they utter by saying that it would be fitting if the "plug was pulled" on Scottish footie to just "sober them up" to the reality of the situation and the fact that lots n lots of people are affected right across our society and sport/footie is just a small part of the huge problems that exist in the country plus the fact they are not gonna disappear any time soon.

RE: One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! - hibeejim21 - 19-01-2021

I was thinking along the lines of Jim Mclean v John Barnes as well 0762 Laugh He made one or two valid points then threw it all away with some pretty mental stuff. Attacking other clubs felt like not a good move either.

But aye your right, If i was Andy I'd stay away from celtic park for a while Laugh

RE: One positive COVID case confirmed after Dubai!! You couldn't make it up!! - ritchiebaby - 19-01-2021

Do you think he's trying to create a "siege mentality" at Celtic and fighting for his job at the same time? Considering his self-confessed mental problems, I always feel he's only a second away from having a meltdown. Slightly worrying to be honest.

He's wildly deflecting from his own failings Ritchie. Thats for sure.

Disrepute charge is surely incoming.