Sports Babble - sports forum
WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: West Bromwich Albion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+----- Thread: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread (/showthread.php?tid=4949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - Baggievicar - 21-01-2017

Good point, Bairdie - perhaps at last we can rack up 4 wins on the trot.
Though that's probably another jinx...

RE: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - Slick_Footwork - 21-01-2017

Good performance that we eased through, probably had a few extra gears if required.

That Sunderland side are a shocker though, with the injuries and poor squad, don't think they've got a chance.

Surprised to see Fletcher morph into Rivaldo, didn't know he had that in his locker.

Dawson did a good job at centre back, albeit against not much opposition. Hope that doesn't stop the board investing in a centre half this window. Would be nice to get another forward as well, would worry for us if Rondon picked up an injury.

RE: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - brokenmanrepaired - 22-01-2017

(21-01-2017, 23:33)Slick_Footwork Wrote: Good performance that we eased through, probably had a few extra gears if required.

That Sunderland side are a shocker though, with the injuries and poor squad, don't think they've got a chance.

Surprised to see Fletcher morph into Rivaldo, didn't know he had that in his locker.

Dawson did a good job at centre back, albeit against not much opposition. Hope that doesn't stop the board investing in a centre half this window. Would be nice to get another forward as well, would worry for us if Rondon picked up an injury.

As a fan for 50 years I am well pleased with our progress. I must admit my benchmark is the great Ron Atkinson team but can see some great signs of optimism. Foster is the best keeper we have ever had. Nyom is similar to Batson, McAulay is Johnny Wile personified and Johnny Evans is almost as good as the great Ally Robertson. No one is yet Derek Statham.....but he was exceptional. Yacob Morrison and Fletcher between them do the job that Bryan Robson did but there will never be another Bryan Robson. Rondon is comparable to Ally Brown but he doesn’t (yet)have a Cyrille Regis to feed off his hard work. There will never be another Laurie Cunningham or Willy Johnson but Phillips and Chadri now supply a lot of flair.....in the spirit of them. There is no one to compare with Bomber Brown yet but we still have Brunty and I live in hope. I know you we think I am barmy but I believe in the future fans will look back at the 2017 team as one of the great teams in our history.

RE: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - aries22 - 22-01-2017

(21-01-2017, 19:10)Mosestheballwinner Wrote: Gotta give TP credit. We don't have a great record against teams we should beat. He got it right today.

(21-01-2017, 18:46)aries22 Wrote:
(21-01-2017, 18:33)talkSAFT Wrote: That Denayer injury must be the most painful I've seen - smacked straight between the legs. Oooooh

That happened to me once in a house match at school - caught a volley full on from about three yards. I was writhing on the pitch in agony while everyone, including the PE teacher, who was reffing the match, were laughing their socks off. Swines!  Laugh

I was once through on goal with only the keeper beat. Rewind  a few seconds and the ball hits me in the nuts during a challenge with the centre half. I crumpled in a heap on the edge of the box. Hydes Road has many miserable memories for me ?

I know Hydes Road very well. I used to live in Wood Green Road, opposite St Paul's church.

RE: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - BaggieMan - 22-01-2017

(22-01-2017, 04:13)brokenmanrepaired Wrote:
(21-01-2017, 23:33)Slick_Footwork Wrote: Good performance that we eased through, probably had a few extra gears if required.

As a fan for 50 years I am well pleased with our progress.  I must admit my benchmark is the great Ron Atkinson team but can see some great signs of optimism. Foster is the best keeper we have ever had. Nyom is similar to Batson, McAulay is Johnny Wile personified and Johnny Evans is almost as good as the great Ally Robertson. No one is yet Derek Statham.....but he was exceptional.  Yacob  Morrison and Fletcher between them do the job that Bryan Robson did but there will never be another Bryan Robson. Rondon is comparable to Ally Brown but he doesn’t (yet)have a Cyrille Regis to feed off his hard work.  There will never be another Laurie Cunningham or Willy Johnson but Phillips and Chadri now supply a lot of flair.....in the spirit of them. There is no one to compare with Bomber Brown yet but we still have Brunty and I live in hope. I know you we think I am barmy but I believe in the future fans will look back at the 2017 team as one of the great teams in our history.

Yum dunna think way think yum Barmy dow yow Broken ?
Yum a crackpot if yum think that mucka !   Wink

Laugh

RE: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - Kennyg - 22-01-2017

Have to agree with the comments above - Sunderland were shocking! Great goals from Fletch and Brunty!
I thought the ref was very poor. Lots of poor decisions! Rondon was hauled down by silly Billy in the first half yet nothing given but he continually gave Sunderland soft free kicks on the edge of our box!
The worst decision however was to blow for full time when Matty Phillips was into the box and about to score/set up a third goal. Shocking refereeing!

RE: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - baggietrousers - 22-01-2017

I think the ref missing the right hook into Fletcher 's face was his worst mistake. !!!

RE: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - aries22 - 22-01-2017

(22-01-2017, 11:25)baggietrousers Wrote: I think the ref missing the right hook into Fletcher 's face was his worst mistake. !!!

That could earn retrospective action and a red card from the FA.

RE: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - Kennyg - 22-01-2017

I saw Fletch complaining to the ref but didn't see the incident. If they highlighted it on tv there is every chance of retrospective action. Haven't seen MOTD - was it shown?

RE: WBA vs Sunderland - Match Thread - drewks - 22-01-2017

(22-01-2017, 04:13)brokenmanrepaired Wrote:

As a fan for 50 years I am well pleased with our progress.  I must admit my benchmark is the great Ron Atkinson team but can see some great signs of optimism. Foster is the best keeper we have ever had. Nyom is similar to Batson, McAulay is Johnny Wile personified and Johnny Evans is almost as good as the great Ally Robertson. No one is yet Derek Statham.....but he was exceptional.  Yacob  Morrison and Fletcher between them do the job that Bryan Robson did but there will never be another Bryan Robson. Rondon is comparable to Ally Brown but he doesn’t (yet)have a Cyrille Regis to feed off his hard work.  There will never be another Laurie Cunningham or Willy Johnson but Phillips and Chadri now supply a lot of flair.....in the spirit of them. There is no one to compare with Bomber Brown yet but we still have Brunty and I live in hope. I know you we think I am barmy but I believe in the future fans will look back at the 2017 team as one of the great teams in our history.

Nice one, brokenman Thumb up