Thread Rating:
Hibs v Dundee, Sun 15 Nov, KO 4.30pm
Another League Cup group match for Hibs and a welcome one v lesser opponents who the guys should overcome without trying too hard. I think Hibs and Jack Ross need to start winning games again and just gradually build a level of confidence that is important before participating in future Scot Prem matches. Otherwise they are gonna be in deep trouble leading in to Xmas. I'd personally drop Boyle as I've come to the conclusion he is just doing enough and no more, avoiding picking up any bad injuries and therefore one comes to the conclusion that he wants to leave HFC on the back end of a nice tidy transfer fee. However, that won't happen if he does not return to the good form that he experienced before his contract was extended. I'm sure Ross may well give a start to some fringe players anyway and why not. I'm not greatly interested in this particular cup tourney but it could be a source of media revenue that Hibs could do with. Times are tough, no fans attending any more and a good number of Scot footie clubs are struggling, even Some Scot Prem ones, but not advertising the fact.
Ross needs to start at least a couple of his fringe players for two reasons. Firstly to give them an incentive to move up to replace some of our under-performers and, secondly, to give the aforementioned under-performers a boot up the backside.

On another front, I see have Hibs have signed a deal with Charleston Battery from the USA - unfortunately not a prolific striker, but a USL Championship club. No doubt Ron Gordon was heavily involved.
0762 likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Hope we see a reaction from the players after the recent performances. I to, would drop Boyle and like to see Gullan getting a start in place of Doidge.

Next two games after this will be Celtic and then St Johnstone who over the years have been a bit of a bogey side for us so some confidence after next Sunday would be good.

Will be interesting to see how our midfield copes with Adam who is showing, although losing a yard of pace, he still has a good football brain .

So will wait and see which team turns up and although they shouldn't need motivating, lets see if Ross has them up for it from the first whistle.

GGTTH
0762 likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Sounds like we have a bit of a depleted squad for this with a few out injured.
We'll still prob qualify if we lose this game anyway - won every game so far. Also remember we have a good number of Hibs players away on international duties as well. It possibly gives an opp to any aspiring young Hibs player to impress.
FT and Hibs win 4-1 with a revamped young team (with some experienced players added in!) after Dundee get back into the contest in the 2nd half to equalise Stevie Mallan's 1st half "screamer" of a shot from 30 metres. Then Jack Ross not "sitting on his hands" this time! On with the subs, change the formation and move into a higher gear: hey presto, Hibs destroy Dundee with 3 goals in a 6 minute burst of attacking footie !! 4-1 and game over! Nisbet back on the "goal trail", sub Gullan full of energy and delivers the 3rd goal to give us a bit of comfort and Halberg just arrives on the pitch as a sub and scores the 4th goal - the "icing on the cake". Hibs top their group as a seeded team and then drawn "out of the hat" by Alan Stubbs for the 2nd round confrontation v guess who?? Dundee again lol!!! Laugh A good home draw anyway
HerefordBull likes this post
Changed the game with the substitutions, Cant play like that next week against Celtic, we will have a few players back but I really worry about that midfeild area, seems to be something really lacking, also dont fancy young Doig next week after his ripping apart from Frimpong the last time.
HerefordBull likes this post
Yep! I totally agree! Interesting to see how Hibs can play without Gogic in a game like this cup tie. Gogic definitely required in a different strategy but looks like Stevie Mallan is out with an ankle injury anyway and our mid options are limited TBF although Murphy showed a bit more promise in today's game. However, the Celtic match will be a different proposition particularly as I suspect that the Hoops will be far more enterprising than previous. Of course, that depends on Lennon's player availability. Also note Frimpong will likely not play after being hurt by M'well's Cole in their last Scot Prem match but replace Doig anyway.
BouncingHibees likes this post
(15-11-2020, 23:42)0762 Wrote: Yep! I totally agree! Interesting to see how Hibs can play without Gogic in a game like this cup tie. Gogic definitely required in a different strategy but looks like Stevie Mallan is out with an ankle injury anyway and our mid options are limited TBF although Murphy showed a bit more promise in today's game. However, the Celtic match will be a different proposition particularly as I suspect that the Hoops will be far more enterprising than previous. Of course, that depends on Lennon's player availability. Also note Frimpong will likely not play after being hurt by M'well's Cole in their last Scot Prem match but replace Doig anyway.

Yup, as far as I'm aware Frimpong had a scan and no injury was found, will be available to start against us, I personally didn't think Murphy did enough again, 10 minute spell which isn't enough. Hopefully Drey Wright is a slow burner and will come good for us but can't help thinking hes a 'dud' signing.
I think Murphy has so much more to prove that he is better than what we're observing but is he motivated to take up that challenge? Did he even wanna play with HFC or was the option a last min choice before the transfer deadline. One easy observation was the fact he was never match fit - that lack of full fitness didn't help! As for Wright? IMO he has potential
and can improve but again is he motivated to push himself to reach a higher performance? I'm not sure again. If Frimpong does possibly return v Hibs then Jack Ross must cover that threat on Hibs left flank with an appropriate strategy to deploy. He can't stand back and watch what previously happened to Doig at Celtic Park.
BouncingHibees likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »