Thread Rating:
Celtic 1 Sparta Prague 4 - what an embarrassment!
Celtic really "shown up" tonight v a decent energetic young Sparta side that should not be better than them and were bottom of their Euro group. I personally thought Lennon set up his team formation wrongly tonight and should've matched up to their 3-5-2 formation - a huge mistake IMO! Magregor had a nightmare and definitely culpable for the loss of the 1st two goals. To think he will travel to Belgrade with the Scotland squad for a crucial Euro play-off next week! IMO he shouldn't start based on that poor display although Scotland's defence is a bit more durable than seen at Celtic Park. I think Celtic should actually "chuck" the Euro matches as it becomes clear that this depleted player squad can't handle such a challenging fixture list. Otherwise I think Neil Lennon could well "get his jotters" if he doesn't sort out the record home failures at Celtic Park although, in his defence, Celtic's domestic record in Scot footie is much better but it is a lower standard of footie, no doubt.
A shocking result.

I still think 'somethings up' behind the scenes there and the players aren't doing it for him. We seen this near the end at hibs, and the form Celtic are having now with 1 win from 7 is starting to get into that territory.

Mcgregors a very good player technically but he isn't cut out for the rough and tumble in midfield. Broony usually handles that but he is a player firmly on the wane now.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »