Thread Rating:
Lille v Celtic - another tough fixture!
Lille currently top of Ligue 1 and it looks like Celtic "draw the short straw" in playing more opponents who are top of their own domestic league. I'm sure Neil Lennon will choose the team wisely esp with a view there is an important cup semi-final coming up on Sunday. IMO he'll be playing for a draw tonight. A win would be a bonus!
They will be doing well to avoid anyone getting covid!!
It is a curious position TBH! France, a country on the brink of a full lockdown and we have a Scot footie team travelling right into a place where the virus is thriving again. I acknowledge the strict protection routines and "bubble" that is in place but I do wonder if there is an element of naivety and too much focus on footie carrying on regardless.
Anyway FT and a 2-2 draw after Celtic taking a 0-2 lead with Elyounoussi scoring a couple of cracking goals in the 1st half and it actually should've been more. So lotsa positivity on that front. But then it became negative in the 2nd half after losing two avoidable goals! I think Lennon made a mistake in removing Ajer from his defence just preceding their crucial 1st goal as it definitely upset his defensive lineup.
Anyway, a draw is not a bad result v this level of opponent and there is some positivity going forward towards the upcoming match program in the coming weeks.
It appears that Ajer has a groin injury and will possibly miss the Cup Semi-final.
Cabbage is still good for you
Yup, done his groin so had to come off.

Saw most of it, they remain a decent side going forward but they are an absolute bomb scare at the back. But thats them played 2 teams that are top of their respective leagues in Italy and France. Not going to be easy at the best of times!
Julienne still has a back injury requiring further treatment and will not be available yet. Lady Luck has not been good to Lenny when it comes to "settling down" his central defence and generally fielding the same line up for most matches.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »