Thread Rating:
Scot Cup semi-final: Celtic v Aberdeen
I'm curious to see what team Lennon starts with on Sunday at Hampden Park because I reckon, based on last night's interview in which he vilified some of the "over the top" comments from certain hun press circles and other extreme reactions, he'll use the negative comments to his advantage. I think the Hoops will win this match more comfortably than many people perceive it. Note the last time Celtic have lost any domestic cup tie was four years ago in 2016. Also IMO the starting team that played the Dons last Sunday will most certainly be different from that one with quite a few changes rightly imposed to win this cup tie and do it convincingly. He must "shore up" his defence first and foremost - prob "pair up" Bitton with Duffy and give the Irishman the "benefit of the doubt" as he has not actually made too many big errors since arriving at Celtic Park and I see Ajer as being the bigger weakness in not providing proper defensive cover. Also Laxalt has never impressed me at all and I'll be surprised if Taylor is not returned to the LB position. It should be a good game but I'll predict a 2-0 or 3-0 Celtic win this time.
Can you imagine any rangers manager getting interviewed in that manner after a couple of bad results ? Laugh

I thought he was right to come out fighting, instead of the usual arms folded, slumped, passive Lennon we've seen of late. We will see if he can channel that into a good performance at the weekend, it was something he used to be quite good at doing 'when the knives were out'.
HT 2-0 and the Hoops in control in another rain storm at Hampden Park after the Dons started brightly in the 1st six minutes of this match. After that, Celtic "in the mood" moving slickly and with purpose and the score really should've been 3-0 TBF. Tom Rogic again showing more improvement to his form and was superb in setting up both goals for Christie and Elyounoussi. I'm sure the Hoops will wanna finish this game early into the second half. We shall see!
FT and a 2-0 result remains as the Hoops definitely "took the foot off the gas" in the 2nd half and just managed the game out, IMO a dangerous ploy but I must say they "cruised" through this semi-final without much ado. Anyway, job done and an unbelievable "quadruple treble" beckons in the final on 20 December. Lotsa missing key Celtic players will have returned by then and I wanna see Hearts thrashed in this final, not just beaten, esp after all the cheating that went on v Hibs yesterday!! This Neilsen team (IMO much weaker than last season's relegated group and also Halkett is not the same player after his knee injury) is ripe for a severe thrashing and none of this nonsense of playing out a top class 45 mins only - something that Neil Lennon needs to eradicate well before this final. Win it with aplomb and let all the negative shit come from them as usual!
Some goal from Ryan Christie the day. Celtic played well first half but they tired badly 2nd half, maybe Thursdays game having an effect. They still look vulnerable at the back to me though and the sheep had their chances.

Rogic is absolute class when he is on song, another 2 assists from him.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »