Bomber 4 2 1 -3 -3 0
Amelia 3 2 0 -3 -3 1
Snooty 1 0 3 -3 -3 1
St Charles 0 1 1 -3 -3 0
Sanjay 0 1 1 -3 -3 0
Twerton 0 1 1 -3 -3 0
Themaclad -2 1 0 -3 -3 0
Derby -4 0 1 -3 -3 0

Complete train wreck of a week in the PL where a paltry total of just 14 points are scored!!! I think I am safe in saying that this is an all time low total for a single week!! Ironically there were as many correct score predictions as their were correct results but with all bar one missing all their balls and only 3 scoring games at best the scores were awful!!

Top of the very small pile was AAA and once again BBB, each with 6 points. BBBs tactic of all 1-0 wins is proving worthy to keep him at the top of the table but this week be bottled the Gamball and that cost him 2 extra points. AAA never plays the Gamball but did manage 2 CSs. Third place goes to Bomber with 4 points, his highest placing this season. He scored on 3 games, one more than the two leaders but missed on all his balls.

Our two Terrier friends came in next, Amelia in 4th with 3 points and Lord Snooty 5th with one point. Amelia managed to get two CSs, whereas Snooty managed a weeks high 3 CRs, but both missed on their Gamball and Bonus, but did pick up the scoreball. Three players are joint 6th, St Charles, Sanjay and Twerton, only problem is they all ended on zero points with identical disasters all round in terms of how they managed to score absolutely nothing!!

Still they managed to do better than the bottom two!! Themaclad is in 9th on -2, one CS and missed all his balls was poor to say the least, but it was better than Derby who for the second week running is in last place, this week on -4 points!! We should start calling him Benjamin Button as he is just going backwards at the moment!! Laugh

Not much change in the table, BBB stetches his lead over SCO to 11 points and AAA overtook Sanjay to claim 3rd place. The rest are pretty much in the same spots, although with Derby's form we might see Twerton finally get off the bottom next week!! Bomber will confirm the full table.

Cheers
SCO

BBB 74pts
SCO 63
AAA 54
Sanjay 50
Amelia 44
Bomber 33
Themaclad 30
Snooty 27
Derby 21
Twerton 19

Oh dear.

Silver        7pts 2CS 2CR -3GB 6BB 0SB
Joker         3pts 2CS 2CR -3GB -3BB 1SB
Zinman     3pts 1CS 2CR 0GB -3BB 0SB
Somerset  2pts 2CS 2CR -3GB -3BB 0SB
Beefy        2pts 1CS 3CR -3GB -3BB 0SB
BaggieOne -1pt 1CS 1CR -3GB -3BB 1SB
Stairs        -1pt 0CS 1CR 0GB -3BB 0SB
DD           -2pts 0CS 2CR -3GB -3BB 0SB
Minizin     -3pts 0CS 0CR 0GB -3BB 0SB
LadyJane  -4pts 0CS 1CR -3GB -3BB 0SB
1TrueBaggie -5pts - no predictions

Really? I mean really? I go away for a few days of monastic contemplation in the desert with my Zin Master, Charlie, and I come back to a week of complete and utter carnage in the prediction league. In my last write up I mentioned the consistency of the scoring in the Championship this year with total scores around 100 each week - last week you all let me down (I absolve myself of any responsibility) with a measly 37 points but this weekend saw a record low point. Yes, point. Just 1 single point was the sum total of everyone's "efforts" this weekend.

Half of this week's games produced a negative total score, not a single positive Gamball, just one correct bonus and 2 scoreball points. Definitely a week to forget. It could have been a lot worse but for those of us who chose to ignore the Gamball. We should also be grateful for the relatively high correct scores to correct results ratio. The number of correct scores was higher than the number of correct results with the wrong score - I don't recall seeing that before.

The only player to achieve respectability is Silver - 7 points would normally see you in mid table but not this week! Silver only got 2 correct results but in both cases got the score spot on - it also helped that one of those games was his bonus. Joker takes 2nd place, another to get 2 correct scores on his 2 correct predictions and also one of the 2 scoreball winners. Level with him on a magnificent 3 points is Zinman, thankful for leaving the gamball well alone.

Somerset and Beefy are the other players to register a positive score - Beefy had the week's high 3 correct predictions but ballsed up his balls and Somerset matched Silver and Jokers 2 correct scores.

And then the Minusmen (and Lady). BaggieOne was another who got all of his correct results spot on - the issue was that he only got 1 correct prediction. Stairs only got 1 correct result but was helped by not playing the gamball. DD matched Silver's 2 correct results but failed to get any scores correct and missed out on all his balls.

Minizin had a complete blank - not a single correct prediction and no scoreball. He would have scored a minimum (appropriately) if he'd been brave enough to play the gamball. He'll no doubt moan about the injustice of Bournemouth's 96th minute equaliser costing him 5 points- welcome to the prediction league! Somehow Mini's complete blank isn't bad enough to put him bottom. LadyJane managed just 1 correct result and her loss from the gamball gave her a total of minus 4 for the week. I should probably apologise to Lady Jane for not doing a write up last week when she headed the table by some distance, but it was back to normal this week!

No show from OneTrueBaggie.

This week's low scores will see some shuffling in the overall table but little significant movement.  Somerset will take back top spot from Minizin who drops to 3rd place with Zinman settling back into 2nd. Joker and Beefy are close behind with lady OneTrueBaggie falling back into mid-table with Stairs. Silver's good week lifts him off the bottom to be replaced by DD and Lady Jane.

Must do better next week!

Zin

Somerset 53pts
Zinman 50
Minizin 49
Joker 47
Beefy 47
Onetrue 40
Stairs 39
Silver 33
BaggieOne 29
Lady Jane 26
DD 26
Lord Snooty, Amelia Chaffinch, silverbaggie And 3 others like this post
Waste of a weeks predicting that was Laugh
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(30-10-2020, 02:31)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Waste of a weeks predicting that was  Laugh

15 points between both leagues is shocking!!! I blame the one who picks the fixtures!! Whistle
Do I get blamed for everything Confused
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(31-10-2020, 03:09)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Do I get blamed for everything  Confused

Usually!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »