Thread Rating:
Celtic v AC Milan - any positive result will do!
I think the Hoops need this particular testy EL fixture like a "hole in the head"!! The "Rossoneri" are currently top of Serie A, in fine form and will pose lotsa probs for this Celtic side although Neil Lennon will have some sidelined players returning to bolster the 1st team and "take up the challenge". They must attempt to register some kinda confidence-boosting positive result.
FT 1-3 and I was absolutely right re this match v top class opposition that Celtic couldn't compete with and indeed their over-hyped rivals across the city of Glesca, Rangers, wouldn't hit this higher level of quality footie either - one-touch and two-touch moves were slick, well-controlled and skilful!! Neil Lennon's starting formation with "3 at the back" facing this type of Serie A opponent was IMO unwise and proved to be exactly that with a 0-2 score line at HT - too easy for AC Milan! The Serie A leaders didn't "push it" too much in the 2nd half but I expected their last mins 3rd goal and it was duly delivered on 93 mins. Lennon altered his formation to "4 at the back" in the 2nd half but "chasing a miraculous comeback" by then. He needs more good players to return quickly to the fold and pick up their game starting with the Dons on Sunday who are nowhere near the level of the "Rossoneri" but a strong, accountable Celtic team is still required.
Celtic actually played decent 2nd half when they switched to 4 at the back and subbed Scott Brown but the damage was done in the first half. AC managing the game very well, they are top of seria A for a reason.

Big games v Aberdeen coming up for Lennon, if he gets them wrong he is going to be under a lot of pressure.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »