Thread Rating:
Friendlies too friendly?
Couldn't win or even score against Guiseley or Alfreton. Our new goalie has caught something, but it is probably the virus.

Jonathan Wafula, who we developed, was so pleased to be back he scored. Against us of course.

And I read Rochdale paid Solihull a fee to sign Jake Beesley, who wasn't good enough for us, and who played 88 minutes at Portman Road on Saturday.

Mind you Conor Townsend didn't look that much for us and he was 3-0 up against Chelsea when we were losing to Guiseley.

Kakay's in QPR's team so his time under Caldwell is finally paying off, whilst Ricky German was dropped back to the bench by Crawley who immediately scored three, but it was at Oldham who are currently concentrating on getting David Wheater lout of the door at gunpoint.

Gary Roberts has done his hamstring so will be out for six weeks, which should give Wigan's owner chance to have sold most things before his return. He's 38 and still going, you have to admire him.

On Friday Tendayi Darikwa was finally considered good enough by Forest to be an unused sub as they failed to trouble Huddersfield. That was a promotion! Apparently he is rated as third choice right back for them. How can you possibly be bottom of the undeducted Championship if your squad is that good? It baffles me. Don't managers want to score goals? Full back, midfield, or wing he runs at opponents and causes them trouble. Sure he loses the ball sometimes, but he is brave, committed and loyal. Somebody with a need to score should sign him!

Pembo threw a bluey about protocols rather than our powderpuff forward line, leaving us to wonder whether the entire squad going into isolation might be our best hope of not losing to Wealdstone.

Whyteleafe's star player yesterday was DAMI OLURUNNISOMO. I know nothing else about him, but with a lovely name like that I am sure we should be signing him.

So like Kyle Letheren's nose our season starts streaming next week. Anybody think we've a chance?
Think we will do better than last 2 seasons but then its a mass clearout as most contracts are up. Our form after Pembertons arrival was play off stuff so we may just sit either just in or just out. We need a striker. Boden is not the man nor is Denton. Will watch the game Saturday and see the team play first hand, but I think we will win. If we start the season off with a result it will be something.
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
Hope we win. I'm predicting 0-0 ...... at best.

If Boden won't score we need a forward who will. I'm hoping there are three teams worse than us, then if we can survive, as you say, contracts will run out and we can develop the sort of team that can do the business.

It is easy to be fooled by other teams having signed a lot of players. That doesn't mean they've made a team anymore than signing up for Hollywood. But one of our acts of desperation has to be successful.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »