Thread Rating:
Water-Buffalo
I just wanted to confirm that I would never consider making a water-buffalo comparison with any man who could bench-press me!

I love Akinfenwa's size and weight and strength. It is completely ridiculous that he can play football, but he can.

Players who stand out physically have always been the butt of adverse comments from the opposition and their supporters. Skin colour in this case is just another crayon to add to their colouring book of insults.

Personally I'd happily sign him for Chesterfield. Imagine the opposition reaction as they looked at 6'7" of Denton alongside Ade fresh from bench-pressing the manager and entire sub's bench. One of the greatest things about football is that there is room for both a Tigana and an Akinfenwa. All you have to do is to be able to play. Diversity is effing wonderful. Look at the names it generates. It is poetry and world history. At Chesterfield, if we ever play, alongside Smith in midfield we'll be fielding Milan Butterfield. If people can't get their heads round the sheer wonderfulness of that and the size of Ade Akinfenwa and yes his obvious and beautiful blackness, then they are going to hate the game.

Yes he's a heavyweight, yes he fills his shirt and yes if the trouble breaks out I want to be on his side. And yes Wycombe made it to the Championship on next to no money, whilst Fleetwood stayed where they were.
Legend!
We have a spider in the garden, who's spun a magnificent web. He's absolutely massive and when I first saw him I exclaimed that he was the size of Akinfenwa. We've now officially named him after the big lad. Big Grin
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I like the guy literally a larger than life character
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »