Thread Rating:
The thwack of leather on skin Mac's cricketing oddity
[Image: 770-BED55-FD6-E-4339-90-A8-F193-D4-CB5-B17.jpg]

https://palaceshield.play-cricket.com/we...ts/4428841

Onwards and downwards we go after our 5th successive defeat one bit of good news, we won the toss and given our batting strength or rather lack of it we put Ingol into bat.
As they sailed to 60 without loss it looked as though we were looking down the barrel of chasing something over 200 although Sam Hain was dropped in the second over by Rob Abbott. Rob thought he shoud have caught it although it was down by his ankles.
A genorous supply of wides and no balls helped the score along before we got a bit of luck Hain was given out LBW looked unfortunate however it was the Ingol umpire that gave him out.
From then on we started to work our way through the batting order quickly the score became 65-3 with Dennis and Macken both going to Dave Lever. Parkinson and Rasool took the score to 95 before Gregson surprised Rasool by actually pitching one on the wicket, he was so surprised he sent it straight to Warburton at mid off who took the first of his three catches.
126 the next two wickets fell in the same over yours truly getting them both Zolly edged one to slip were Warburton stuck out a hand and low and behold the ball stuck. The batsman was convinced he had hit the ground not the ball and off he went. Maritz was even less convinced when being given out LBW, to be fair to him I could have had him LBW the ball before but was not sure. He played a sweep shot missed and was in front of all three, he had to walk.
Parkinson skied one to Dave Lever who took a really decent catch withnthe ball going away from him as he turned, it gave Warburton his first wicket for the club.
I then bowled Chapa who scored all his runs by hitting them upwards over point, he missed a straight one.
Warburton cleaned up the other two with a good catch of his own bowling diving to catch it. Mat is not how your say slim great athleticism though, chasing 154.
Me 3-22 and Matt Warburton 3-23

[Image: 93-AA3331-DB69-491-D-BBDE-BDFD2-F412484.jpg]

And off we went in pursuit, a staedy but slow opening partnership of 0 before Amos was bowled by Maritz for 2, Macleod and Gregson took us to 28 before Macleod was caught, Abbott lasted two balls before being caught and bowled by Khan who stuck out his left hand to see the ball stick.
From then on our inner Barcelona took over as we collapsed in tremendous style.
The scorecard reads like one of those telephone numbers from those cheeky little scamps who want to empty your bank account. The last seven wickets went down for 6 runs, yep got a duck tried a calypso flick off my legs really should have been a six but went spiraling upwards into the safe hands of mid on.
Naveed Khan with 5-2 did the damage, so it's of the the group of dearth with the other non winning teams, four games to play can we win one.

[Image: 373-F43-DB-63-AD-4-A44-83-DB-FC25-A1-C82-F39.jpg]
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

[Image: 4097-E965-AA76-4912-8692-DF61125-D712-D.jpg]

https://palaceshield.play-cricket.com/we...ts/4504609

As night foows day defeat number 6 for the mighty Wyre 2nd team, plus points we got past 50 mainly due to Gary Calvert bowling 10 wides in 2 overs although he did chip in with a wicket with his slow left arm filth. He did say he hadn't bowled for three years.
Of the 22 players who batted in the game only three got past 10 all for Charnock and it made the difference between the two sides.
Started off well after having lost the toss and having to bowl on a slate grey day with a stiff wind blowing straight down the pitch. Bond nicked the first ball behind and walked.
Yours truly was brought on after three overs as opening bowler Ian Amos damaged his shoulder in his first over. Immediately took a wicket with a looping full toss which Brown edged onto his wicket 19-2. Rithallia and Ball started to steady the ship with the former scoring the vast majority of his runs on the leg side, he was dropped off me before trying to sweep a straight delivery, Phil Weir chipped a deliveryback to me and we were almost back in the game however myself and Dave Lever had bowled our eight overs.
Matty Warburton came on a had several balls hit into the car park also dropped a catch so we were looking for a bowler to bowl 4 overs we had no other bowlers.
Ball and Roberts put on 76 before Roberts departed to a Steve Richards trunder, Anwar and skipper Ball took the score to 162 before Richards bowled Anwar, Richards also got Ball for 74 caught by the skipper who after bowling an in different spell finished the innings with a hat trick. All out 176
Me 3-26 Richards 3-35 Duffield 3-36.
The tempreture began to drop and the light got worse and we also lost a wicket from the first ball. A slow partnership by Powell and Duffield took us to 17 before the second wicket fell, like last week it was callapso cricket from us and we were 23-7 and 29-8 when Jimmy Bruce was out.
yself and Dave Lever eeked out some runs helped by the wides previously mentioned and got us above 50 before Dave Lever was out for 9. Jamie Hughes was last out with the total of 58. Apparently I scored three runs after the game was over actually made six appears in the book as 9 so I've got back the runs that were taken off me about four weeks ago.
Bowling wise Meadows took 3 -10 and Mr Unsure took 3-7.
Onwards and downwards Norcross away next

Norcross 1st v Wyre 2nds

A much improved performance as we pick up our first points of the season as the match is abandoned without a ball bowled FORZA WYRE we are back!!!!

Two weeks and no defeat mainly because we did not have a game

[Image: portfolio_kem_mill_4.jpg]

Saturday's venue

Well was off to Whittle as a captain however the virus has scuppered the game, one first team player tested positive last weekend, so as a club decided to leave players out as a precauton, seconds left with 10 and now two of them have dropped out so down to 8 decided to forfeit c'est la vie

Good news following our forfeit of yesterday's game the League bless their cotton socks gave us two points, we are on a roll on four points with two other sides

Venue for the last rites of 2020

[Image: EfcK50iXkAA86Sv.jpg]

[Image: 2792-DB93-3268-45-C0-A0-EB-99-F2998382-D1.jpg]

Magnificent footwear mud from 4 weeks ago

[Image: 759066-E3-080-A-4743-B3-AC-63-C8-AE5300-D0.jpg]

Skipper Duffield watches the usual batting collapse

[Image: BCACD15-C-88-EF-4-E0-B-97-F6-26-C527-FAC451.jpg]

Actually were not doing to bad at this point

[Image: 396490-D2-534-D-4574-8590-A3-BAD57-CEDC0.jpg]

Messers Lever and Bruce after a calamatous run out seemed to sum up our batting this season, if you've not guessed we lost, full blog when the lazy sods put the scoecard up

https://palaceshield.play-cricket.com/we...ts/4504611

July 2019 we beat BAE Preston to top Division 6 of the Palace Shield it was our last win, as usual our lack of chronic lack of anybody to bat more than 20 overs being the main problem,
We managed only one three figure team score throughtout the season as on Satuday after a good start we folded fairly quickly.
One difference on Saturday was the wicket it was bone dry and hard given the wickets we have played on this season, this was a first.
What wasn't a first was we lost the toss and on a warm afternoon we took the field, against a side (Fylde) who play in the division against us.
We took two fairly early wickets which brought wily campaigner John Marsh and Will Smith who nudged their way to about 70.
Have played against John many seasons ago when enduring a brief spell at Great Eccleston, last time I bowled had him dropped first ball he made 50 plus.
Twenty five years later I get his wicket caught at short mid on.
Winder was next in with Smith they took singles when they could and hit the bad ball for four. We thought we had Winder run out but sportingly changed the decision when it was clear he had not been run out due to the stumper not having the ball in gloves.
Sporting decision cost us a shed load of runs, after the departure of Smith, Hebblethwaite and Winder turned ones into twos and we started to go around the park, the last couple of overs saw Winder sending the ball into outer space he made 78 not out. For us Pollard took 3-25 from 8 overs.

And now to the batting bit, in his first innings next season Tom Gregson will be hoping to avoid a hat trick of first ballers, 0-1, Messers Clayton and Webster both got to double figures and things were looking good, once these two had gone it was the usual quick hello and good bye to those who were bowling at us. McKenzie got 4-20, my magnificent duck was a cue end of the bat over the stumper to Winder at first slip who stuck out his left hand and the ball stuck.
We finished with a run out which summed up the season's batting.
The plus points we played when all looked lost in March and thanks to all those that made it possible.
Back next season hopefully will actually get to watch some games as well.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »