Thread Rating:
Terriers v The Hatters - Friday Teatime Lockdown Tellybox Match
Just watching the Blunts walloping Chelsea and can't help thinking that shudda been us.
With hindsight, we ought to have brought a load of experienced journeymen in instead of potential for the future. Especially as that potential for the future turned out to be potentially garbage. Blush Angry Doh Dodgy Sick Whistle Rolleyes
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
The Blunts have been very lucky (or the medical team are brilliant) with injuries. It caught up with Bornmuff this season. Yes we could have spent better and like the Blunts we didn't really budget to get up, but once there you have to stick or twist. We delayed the inevitable for one season. We could just have easily been Norwich, who spent to go up and are back down with 3 to go. Their fans now question Webber who some of our fans say we were wrong to let go.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
(12-07-2020, 19:27)theo_luddite Wrote: The Blunts have been very lucky (or the medical team are brilliant) with injuries. It caught up with Bornmuff this season. Yes we could have spent better and like the Blunts we didn't really budget to get up, but once there you have to stick or twist. We delayed the inevitable for one season. We could just have easily been Norwich, who spent to go up and are back down with 3 to go. Their fans now question Webber who some of our fans say we were wrong to let go.

I also think there is every chance that the Blunts will get relegated next season!! You survived your first season, they have thrived, but lets not kid ourselves that the bulk of their squad, if not all of them would struggle to get into any other PL team!! They have a very good tactical manager and he has found a system that works but other teams will adjust to it and I am not convinced they will get away with it next season. Like you though, the manager is the key.

There are a number of teams who would be happy being a yo-yo team and aside from 7/8 teams virtually all the teams in the PL will get relegated at some point. Burnley, WBA, Norwich, Villa etc are probably better off as clubs bouncing between relegations and promotions!! I would be that more of the fans of these teams remember more about their promotions than they do about their time in the PL.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »