Thread Rating:
Bye Bye Reg and thank you
The Robins have today announced the names of the players that they are releasing and I am particularly sorry to see that Luke (Reg) Varney is not being kept on.

His work rate and output at the beginning of the season were second to none and one of the principle reasons that Cheltenham got the season off to a good start Luke's ambition to play at Wembley gone after Monday night's debacle.

Sadly Luke, now 37 years of age, became injury prone during the second half of the season. Indeed, his hamstring went yet again during the warm up. An injury that has been troubling him for some time.

Thanks Reg for all you have done for the Robins and I wish you well wherever your career takes you now.

A special mention also for the young understudy goalkeeper Rhys Lovatt.
I know Rhys that you have been with us for a number of years and that your chances for first team football proved to be few and far between. Following Scott Flinders' bad injury, you must have thought that this was your big chance. Unfortunately it was not to be and, I am sorry to see you go. I wish you all the best for the future wherever that may prove to be.

It looks as if Cheltenham now have a squad of just 14 players with two others to decide on the contracts offered to them.
It's a far cry from the giddy heights of the Greed League!! Angry Angry
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
It seems that left back Josh Debayo has declined the new contract offered.

So still just 14 players.
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »