Thread Rating:
Hibs FC and coronavirus - our Chairman's statement!
(26-06-2020, 21:45)St Charles Owl Wrote: Can I ask a question I should have asked ages ago?  Why did Scottish football not play the remaining games like we are now seeing in other countries?  Why the need for such an early decision?  I hear that in France they are now very much regretting the early decision they made and wish they had held on to see if the games could be played.

Half the clubs couldn’t field a squad after June, or couldn’t survive without the prize money, couldn’t wait to furlough their support staff and in some cases the playing staff.
The game in Scotland needs gate receipts more than the big leagues.
The Scottish teams that enter Europe have to play much earlier than the big leagues.

Also France likes Scotland has a record new television deal starting next season, so needed as much certainty as possible about when the 2020/21 campaign might begin, and the loss of tv revenue will be much less than the cost it would have taken to play this season out.

Another thing I hadn't considered initially was the difference in the lockdown easing, between Scotland and England alone they have had a month start.

I think the SPFL did the right thing.
St Charles Owl likes this post
Hearts v SPFL has now been moved to Wednesday in Edinburgh.

Should have gone for a Glasgow hearing as they don't often win at home Wink
"FOREVER UNITED"
(27-06-2020, 09:26)newhavenhibby Wrote: Hearts v SPFL has now been moved to Wednesday in Edinburgh.

Should have gone for a Glasgow hearing as they don't often win at home   Wink

Laugh

I see Leslie Deans has been bumping his gums again. Whit a xxxx slaver of a man he is.
Breaking:

Lord Clark rules that dispute over Hearts and Partick Thistle relegation should be dealt with by an independent SFA arbitration tribunal and not a full public court hearing.

Which means zero chance of budge getting an interdict to stop the league restarting, She's just flushed that boy Andersons money down the bog.
0762 likes this post
Yep! I assumed this would be a COA jurisdiction and it confirms the previous criticism that this was a total waste of money with desperation attached to it.
The courts have ruled its a sporting decision not a civil one. The key thing here is that the Judge also acknowledged that this must be resolved by SPFL / SFA rules which should be adhered to all times through the process.

Hertz have to pay half the SPFLs costs as well.

To think that auld soak Leslie Deans was saying the courts would award hertz pure millions and Tom English was lapping it up the other week. Hertz are on to plums now.

Another blinder played by 'Queen Anne'.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
Quick look at kickback and they are convinced they have won somehow. I've read the verdict and I don't see it.

Their main case did not get past the procedural stage, they were clearly wrong to bring it to court. The notion that they could argue without the application of sfa/spfl rules was totally wrong. They tried to bypass the arbitration process and the SFA and were told to GTF. Their threat of stopping next season starting is in the bin, they can only return to court now on a point of law from arbitration (ie not happening)

Getting the documents released is nowhere near as significant as some are making out either. If there was a smoking gun there sevco would have pushed it.
Meanwhile the real issues the games facing are not getting the attention they deserve because of this sideshow. Budge is an absolute cretin.
This still has a way to go yet.............. Confused

May all depend on the judge that both sides have to pick to be the third ( independent) arbitrator. Huh
"FOREVER UNITED"
(05-07-2020, 10:42)newhavenhibby Wrote: This still has a way to go yet..............  Confused

May all depend on the judge that both sides have to pick to be the third ( independent) arbitrator.  Huh

Yeah, but from the SFAs tribunal candidate list.

Hearts and Thistle were trying (and failed) to side-step the contractual requirement for arbitration of disputes. The SFA wrote to them before the court case to say 'what the xxxx are you doing" and they still went ahead.

Total waste of time and money. They could just have followed the rules and came to the same conclusion - they are totally at it.
SFA charges for thistle and hertz.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »