Thread Rating:
The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow?
(24-03-2020, 02:40)hibeejim21 Wrote: Not a chance Ritchie!

The only thing I can think of is calling the season done and giving out prize money to give the clubs some breathing space/and pushing season book sales. I know its hard when we don't know when we will play again but the clubs might have to pitch it to the fans 'buy em or we go under'........

Then the associations/UEFA are going to have to do something to help the clubs urgently. I think end of June is way too optimistic to get the games played.

Do you think it would be possible to pay out a portion of the prize money? Say all clubs got the last placed teams amount now and the rest when the season finishes?
(24-03-2020, 03:30)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(24-03-2020, 02:40)hibeejim21 Wrote: Not a chance Ritchie!

The only thing I can think of is calling the season done and giving out prize money to give the clubs some breathing space/and pushing season book sales. I know its hard when we don't know when we will play again but the clubs might have to pitch it to the fans 'buy em or we go under'........

Then the associations/UEFA are going to have to do something to help the clubs urgently. I think end of June is way too optimistic to get the games played.

Do you think it would be possible to pay out a portion of the prize money?  Say all clubs got the last placed teams amount now and the rest when the season finishes?

They need all the money, and pretty soon.

If Scottish clubs are still waiting in June for game revenue some of them will go under. It's that simple.
Reading AFC Chairman's comments and Dave Cormack saying he is "braced" for £5M "in the red"! A massive financial crisis for the Dons!
And Aberdeen are one of the countries better run clubs - hertz meanwhile are looking for new players Laugh
Advanced payments paid out to 42 Scot footie clubs by the SPFL. Probably not enough for many of them but hopefully final "end of season" payments will ensue as early as possible.
I see also the English league have said they won't resume on April 30
Budge now saying they won’t last 6 months without suspending the players pay unless they take the cut.

Still they have a 20 million pound stand to watch championship games in. Woman has absolutely ruined that club, brilliant businesswoman my hole. She has no idea what she is doing.
Yep! Her priority list appeared to be "back to front" in a footie sense! Running a footie club is so different from her previous position of running a smaller IT business with a reasonable element of success and profitability.
BBC Sportsound say there is an expectation within the Scottish game that we'll have some clarity on this season and the future for football by next weekend.
Ian Murray MP asking some serious questions now of Ann Budge......Questions along the lines of 'where has all the money gone?'.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »