Thread Rating:
The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow?
There is no solution that will please everyone but it does make sense for there to be consistency across leagues.
(16-03-2020, 18:31)hibeejim21 Wrote: UEFA is preparing this Tuesday, at the meeting with its 55 affiliated associations, to standardize the criteria to define who are the champions of each of the leagues, as well as the teams that go up and down the division, in case the championships national policies are not resumed. The news is released this Monday by the Spanish newspaper AS, guaranteeing that the objective of that organization is to ensure "justice and equal merits" in accessing next year's Champions League and Europa League.

In this sense, UEFA argues that the leaders of each league should be declared champions when the competition is permanently suspended. A position that is based on what happened in 1999, when Partizan Belgrade was declared champion at the moment when the Balkan War started, when there were still ten rounds to end the Yugoslavia championship.

So that's it really - UEFA are going to announce the season over tomorrow and go with current placings. If budge wants to take anyone to court she could end up getting her club suspended. They are going to have to be compensated along with a number of other clubs to protect them from going under, but I cant see any other way out of this. Football is gubbed for the foreseeable future folks - best get ourselves some good books to read.

In Hertz case I think Budge already knew, in advance, what was happening. Hence her threat of legal action which IMO will be a waste of money on lawyers esp in a force majeure position where the guiding footie authority has applied some form of leadership and direction for all associated members to apply - not perfect but they will argue it is for the greater good of footie in order for it to eventually recover and offer hope and inspiration to the communities that they represent. They will have a big part to play on the eventual "road to recovery"! Lastly, you must listen to Rangers official spokesman, Stuart Robertson, and the formal statement that was made - BOYYYYYYYY WAS THAT STATEMENT EMBARRASSING AND LACKING ANY HUMILITY AFTER THEM LIKELY HEARING THAT CELTIC WILL BE DEEMED THE PREMIERSHIP CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!?? These c##### never change and Robertson could've forgotten about their "siege mentality" and arrogance to present a far more pragmatic and philosophical response to this crisis - an opportunity lost in presenting a better image of his football club!!
(16-03-2020, 20:23)St Charles Owl Wrote: There is no solution that will please everyone but it does make sense for there to be consistency across leagues.

To be honest mate I don't think people will care about the positions in a couple of months. We will all have greater things to worry about.

(17-03-2020, 00:17)0762 Wrote:
(16-03-2020, 18:31)hibeejim21 Wrote: UEFA is preparing this Tuesday, at the meeting with its 55 affiliated associations, to standardize the criteria to define who are the champions of each of the leagues, as well as the teams that go up and down the division, in case the championships national policies are not resumed. The news is released this Monday by the Spanish newspaper AS, guaranteeing that the objective of that organization is to ensure "justice and equal merits" in accessing next year's Champions League and Europa League.

In this sense, UEFA argues that the leaders of each league should be declared champions when the competition is permanently suspended. A position that is based on what happened in 1999, when Partizan Belgrade was declared champion at the moment when the Balkan War started, when there were still ten rounds to end the Yugoslavia championship.

So that's it really - UEFA are going to announce the season over tomorrow and go with current placings. If budge wants to take anyone to court she could end up getting her club suspended. They are going to have to be compensated along with a number of other clubs to protect them from going under, but I cant see any other way out of this. Football is gubbed for the foreseeable future folks - best get ourselves some good books to read.

In Hertz case I think Budge already knew, in advance, what was happening. Hence her threat of legal action which IMO will be a waste of money on lawyers esp in a force majeure position where the guiding footie authority has applied some form of leadership and direction for all associated members to apply - not perfect but they will argue it is for the greater good of footie in order for it to eventually recover and offer hope and inspiration to the communities that they represent. They will have a big part to play on the eventual "road to recovery"! Lastly, you must listen to Rangers official spokesman, Stuart Robertson, and the formal statement that was made - BOYYYYYYYY WAS THAT STATEMENT EMBARRASSING AND LACKING ANY HUMILITY AFTER THEM LIKELY HEARING THAT CELTIC WILL BE DEEMED THE PREMIERSHIP CHAMPIONS AGAIN!!?? These c##### never change and Robertson could've forgotten about their "siege mentality" and arrogance to present a far more pragmatic and philosophical response to this crisis - an opportunity lost in presenting a better image of his football club!!

I saw that - absolutely incredible. Simply posturing for their idiot fans. The last thing thats going to happen now is 2 old firm games in the middle of a pandemic FFS, get real. Today's announcements by the Scottish Government were extremely serious in tone and content, the game cant carry on.

As for hertz they have 17 players out of contract in may. The government have pulled all support for sporting events, so we can forget about behind closed door games. How can the games possibly be played Budge ? It's over. The clubs need the prize money asap or they will hit the buffers.

I feel a wee bit sorry for hertz as unlike sevco they actually had a chance, but if UEFA call it like the papers are saying then its tough shit really. She should look to herself and her managerial appointments when the blame is getting cast.
ritchiebaby likes this post
(17-03-2020, 00:39)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(16-03-2020, 20:23)St Charles Owl Wrote: There is no solution that will please everyone but it does make sense for there to be consistency across leagues.

To be honest mate I don't think people will care about the positions in a couple of months. We will all have greater things to worry about.

100% agree!! This is going to go well beyond sports and affect lives in so many ways!! As we see the US slowly shut down the number of employees with no income will begin to take its toll very quickly. I am lucky, I work for a company who will be able to get through this but it will hurt us all the same.
UEFA have given the associations til June to play the fixtures....which seems optimistic to say the least. There is talk the SFA are going to pull the plug end of the week.
Gotta love the hun reaction to this - they want the prize money for being second but don't want to recognise that Celtic came first.

Idiots. Even Anne Budge has worked out you can't void the season.
0762 likes this post
Anne Budge just saying there the players have to take a 50% pay cut or they are going into administration.
Looking at all Hertz listed relevant finance - monthly operating costs £1.225M v cash held before running out in 15 days £591k. The "shit will hit the fan" unless action taken or a "white knight" appears to assist!
(18-03-2020, 23:57)0762 Wrote: Looking at all Hertz listed relevant finance - monthly operating costs £1.225M v cash held before running out in 15 days £591k. The "shit will hit the fan" unless action taken or a "white knight" appears to assist!

Incredible people were talking about letting her run Scottish fitba not that long ago. She is totally clueless and running them into the ground.

On top of that she's a snide auld boot.
From what I hear a fair few Hearts playerd have refused to take pay cuts, under employment law she doesn't have a leg to stand on.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »