Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
I'd like to know why that little xxxx Cummings was in Russia for so long. The Russia dossier would have some information on that for sure. His dirty, devious little prints seem to be all over every bullshit statement, act and lie coming out of Number 10.

The absolute state of Boris at that presser yesterday Laugh He's on something stronger than real ale that's for sure.

All fuelled by the daily mails mirthless death cult of rancid gammon. God help us all.
Surely there must be another way to "pull" that Russia info plus info re Cummings' activities in Russia??? What about a crowd funded investigation eh? If this corrupt British govt don't wanna "come clean" on their own security investigation into Russian interference then there must be alternative ways of exposing this.
Boris Johnson is planning to use new health legislation to impose ministerial control over the NHS.
A bill to be introduced this year will include new powers for ministers including Mr Johnson to issue instructions to NHS England chief executive Sir Simon Stevens.
The move - understood to have been developed over the past year by health secretary Matt Hancock - is likely to spark concerns that Conservative ministers could seek to use new powers to extend private sector involvement in the NHS.

Under the terms of Conservative health reforms, Sir Simon’s position is operationally independent, but the prime minister is said to be concerned that this arrangement makes it difficult for Downing Street to force through changes to the system.

This is the beginning of the end for free health care i reckon. A US style system is coming down the tracks.
I don't think you will ever see a true US type healthcare system in the UK, just like you will never see a UK type one over here. Both could move to a hybrid of each version but a complete switch to either of these extremes is very unlikely. A move to a Canadian type system may actually work for both countries where you see an insurance element as well a free at source care for most common needs. I certainly think a completely free NHS like you have now will be eroded in some form or other.
The NHS has been getting privatised on the sly for years now, branson and his pals have made a fortune. Its being run into the ground deliberately.

It's all part of the deal for Boris getting elected.
0762 likes this post
Yep! I'll endorse that fact and, as far as I can remember from some NHS contacts, this goes back to 2010 when a parliamentary bill was introduced to provide a private health care option within the NHS England operation, thereby providing a shortcut to wealthy people who could impinge on the NHS services and "jump the queue" rather than go directly to separate private healthcare providers and hospitals/clinics!! This RW ideology has already pervaded NHS England with stealth and this is just the "thin end of the wedge"!! My ongoing concern is that Johnson will try to transgress on the separate NHS Scotland operations in a similar fashion although we've already seen that the SNP govt are well aware of this threat and there has been a previous suggestion by the FM that the Scot Parliament will try to introduce a parliamentary bill to protect NHS Scotland under statutory law. I think this area of Scottish governance could be a main political "battleground" in the future unless, of course, we are already well on the way towards Scot indy and heading in a totally different direction from where this unelected (in Scotland!) British Brexit govt want to take us!!
Not sure NHS Scotland should be protected!! Not all is rosy in that garden either it would appear.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-50152133
My daughter works for NHS Scotland in a senior position SCO and I'll caution you right away in making that unqualified comment/opinion. NHS Scotland is not perfect but its overall operation and performance are superior to what is happening in England. It is also different in many areas of its services to the Scottish people. My view, and my more qualified daughter agrees 100% on this, is that NHS Scotland should indeed be protected from a totally different ideology that the Tories/Brexit govt want to impose on a devolved practise. Also don't forget there is a huge proportion of staff who work tirelessly within the NHS Scotland set up who despise the Tories and their shit ideology/attitude when it comes to health servs and many of them are well aware of these ideological attacks on NHS England and the possible threat to the services up here that they proudly regard to be better. And why shouldn't that be the case anyway?? Scotland is a smaller country with a smaller population and I would expect that positivity to be the case and one must add the mitigation measures that the Scottish govt still has to administer because of the austerity actions that have been imposed by the Tories for almost a decade. This factor is always conveniently omitted by critics (and particularly political critics like Johnson himself who doesn't have a scooby re the true facts re Scottish devolved practises and just utters negative soundbites without redress!!) of certain areas of Scottish governance in which financial mitigation is absolutely necessary but there are obvious negative consequences/implications in the overall distribution of annual capital, revenue budgets plus general standards and that is a fact but a "necessary evil" that the Scot govt have been accustomed to dealing with down the years. Just bear that in mind when uttering general criticisms like this latest one!!
0762, I'll caution you to not put words in my mouth, I was referencing a news article about NHS Scotland, I am not making stuff up, I wasn't comparing it with what happens in England and nor did I ever question the commitment of anyone working for the NHS!!!
I have recent experience of the Scottish NHS and although the medical side has been exemplary, the whole service is being let down by the admin side, which is an absolute shambles. Now I'm sure that most individuals will probably be very good, but the general feeling is that admin leaves a lot to be desired.

That criticism also applies to Jeane Freeman, the SNP Health Secretary, who has overseen the decline in Health Board standards and, worse still, the adoption of two new, unbelievably flawed hospitals. One was opened in 2015 and has been the subject of infection problems, the other is still not opened after problems with the building's drainage and ventilation, and, at best, is due to be opened over a year behind schedule.

Ms Freeman has had the nerve to try to retrieve the situation by announcing that she had set up a body that would delegate someone to take responsibility for any future faults. It amazed me to think that there would be no-one already in office who would have had that responsibility and "fallen on their sword" if found to be negligent.
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »