Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
He is a very good orator and he has some very good ideas as well. He is perceived as a bit of a one trick pony because its always about healthcare but his other ideas have merit as well. I think the best thing for the Dems at the moment is to first get back into office, then build on what Obama started with regards to healthcare, maybe once that is done and working properly the subject can move to a more universal system, but at the moment the leap from the totally paid for and insured system to a universal one is a quantum leap for most Americans.
hibeejim21 likes this post
‘Arseholes’ is very mild for this cabal of blatant liars, shirkers, and people who don’t even have the decency to admit they’ve put every NHS workers life at risk because of incompetence and inaction.

Yup, you've guessed it. I've just watched the governments latest statement on Covid-19.

A government that turned down thousands of ventilators for....wait for it..... 30, A government that has tested a fraction of the population, so we could have 30m infected without knowing it.
I know! 30 ventilators ha ha ha Laugh What a joke and Johnson's assuring comments re this very issue are summed up in one word - BULLSHIT!! What a f###### fraud. There's a wonderful cartoon that I viewed recently where an infected Johnson is shouting from a window @ No 10 at an absconding Cummings in the street - "So much for your herd immunity theory"!!
Copies of letters from GP's have been circulating on social media and posts from people who claim to have received them, today. These letters were sent to people with chronic illnesses and informed them that in event of contracting Covid-19, they were unlikely either to get a hospital bed or be given a ventilator. They were also asked to fill in a DNACPR (Do Not Resuscitate) form.
Not really anything to do with Boris, but certainly belongs beside the coronavirus posts. The much respected Dr Catherine Calderwood, Scotland's CMO, has been caught visiting her second home in Fife twice. Now some might blame the long lens snoopers, but in reality she is the one to blame. She is definitely yet another of the elite enjoying the status (and salary) of being a high ranking public official who has shown to have "plenty brains, nae gumption". She has admitted to her "mistake" and duly apologised for it.

For me, that is nowhere good enough. It wasn't a mistake, it was blatant hypocrisy on her part and shows a "do as I say, not as I do" attitude. She should resign her position before she is sacked, as she has surely lost the trust and respect of the general public. Nicola says her expertise is invaluable and this could not be argued against, but she should be returned to a junior position. Merely removing her from the front line broadcasting role is ducking out of her responsibilities.

A sad case, but one that could been avoided with just a little forethought by Dr Calderwood.
Cabbage is still good for you
Dr Calderwood has done the decent thing and resigned. The Queen has addressed the nation (although the people who should be taking heed of her will probably not be listening to the broadcast).

Now I hear Boris has been admitted to hospital, as he looks even shabbier than usual. The cretins who disobey the social distancing rule are now in danger of further spoiling the lives of people who do obey the rules.

Indeed, these are strange times we live in.
Cabbage is still good for you
What an absolute muppet that Calderwood is, to ignore her own advice like that more than once at a time when much of the country is making great sacrifices just defies belief.

Sturgeon has made a right arse of this as well. The press conference was an absolute car crash ...the reason for keeping her was ludicrous. She should have been binned immediately.

No fan of BOJO but I hope he pulls through, although I have to say for him to be admitted to hospital like that after this long with the virus is not good.
ritchiebaby likes this post
(06-04-2020, 00:05)hibeejim21 Wrote: No fan of BOJO but I hope he pulls through, although I have to say for him to be admitted to hospital like that after this long with the virus is not good.

Likewise, no fan of Boris but I don't wish anyone dies from this, but as you say this move is not a good one as he is obviously struggling to shake the symptoms after 10 days of having them. They were talking about his case with a doctor on tv here and the fact he has gone in they reckon gives him a 50/50 chance, not a good sign at all.
Coronavirus: NHS staff samples sent to Germany for testing.

Apparently they can do it quicker and more accurately...... "taking back control"
I can see the benefit of finding out if you've already had it but it's a pointless exercise for anyone who hasn't, particularly if still working/ going out.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »