Thread Rating:
Labour Leadership Contest
(03-07-2021, 12:00)Amelia Chaffinch Wrote: Why Bagley? Another attempt to insult England? Please don't hide behind typos. We know you check and change your wording.

Once again, I can't bear to read all this.

How can a thread about the Labour leadership be turned into another  anti-English / pro-Scottish thread?  Doh

I must challenge you on that false insinuation right away!! I rarely clash with you on this board at all Amelia, but I'll take you on re this kinda bogus shit. For starters there was no typo change - cut the defensive shit on that!! I wondered why somebody like you would take umbrage at an adjective "English" word that was used in my thread - the "English electorate!! Did you perceive this to be some form of attack on your own English identity which it wasn't!!!!!???? My criticism has been consistent in targeting a big chunk of the English voting population who vote for Tory fascists because that is what they are and that is what they do. There are sadly millions of them in England, a mini form of what happened in the United States with toxic Trump. Please note these voters are from the English electorate!!! The stereotype that I'm referring to is generally the oldie couple from the likes of Margate to Bognor to Hartlepool to wherever who are occasionally interviewed by media reporters and one discovers that these people have a common factor in voting for Tory fascists and being duped by populist scaremongering!!! Then it becomes apparent a lot of them are actually inherently racist as well as having a huge "beef" about life itself and don't care about damaging the country or other societies/people who do not believe in the shit that they believe in. Months n months ago Jim described the English electorate as the most naive in Europe. I totally agreed 100% with that view and it is largely because of this significant presence of these millions of extreme idiots in the English electorate. You are not one of them and I know that as being 100% true. I hope that explains "my view" more clearly than previous. If it doesn't then I suggest you have reached a point of reflection as a moderator on this Sb board - start re-evaluating what you actually stand for and represent!! I was gonna add the "devious" word to this kinda response/criticism with some kinda agenda attached to it. However, I refrained from doing that because I do not believe that description applies to you at all.
I do not support the Tories and, as you know, can't understand why anyone would want to vote for them but it is their democratic right to do so. Traditional Labour voters in areas where I come from and live now feel their votes were taken for granted by Labour. Perhaps we should have an English National Party to take votes from both parties. Oh but we would be racist for that, wouldn't we?  Doh
Wowwwwww!! Is that an implicit jibe against the SNP (civic nationalism v poisonous English nationalism that is rife throughout your own Brit govt - they preach it FFS!!!) or am I missing something here!!??? Are you displaying an "unconscious bias" when it comes to Scotland and self-determination - I'm sure I detected the same kinda response a long time ago and challenged you on it! Also I wish to challenge you on the 1st line of your thread #189 re typo changes etc. Again there is an implicit inference of some kinda wrong-doing - f####### outrageous and bogus!!!!! Thumb down Lets just clarify how I compile my threads/OPs just to enlighten you on the truth of the matter. In fact, I'm sure I clarified this issue before on this board (a long time ago) with poss yourself! On most of my threads/OPs I re-check for any kinda spelling errors or grammatical mistakes and I amend them. Why do I do this? It is a habit. I'm a retired highly qualified academic who spent a lot of my time in proof-reading and auditing all types of business docs, contract docs and others. Any other negative inference against the "writer/typist" is an absolute outrage and I suggest you retract that kinda underhand shit which is well beneath you and again leads me to prompt you to re-evaluate your role in your moderator's position after scrutinising more closely what you are inferring.
I just don't know why you want the spice and ha'penny, 0762. You have the appearance of dictating to the English. You rant at anyone who doesn't agree with you. You turn just about every thread in this section into a Scottish Independence thread. And, yes, I am allowed to point that out. You have your say frequently and at considerable length. I can have mine.
Spice n ha'penny?????? God Almighty, what next from this ultra defensive person!!?? You are entitled to your opinion and that is fine - part n parcel of the debate on this Sb board. But YOU HAVE BEEN MODERATED - a bit like a civil arrest on the street!! YOU WERE OUT OF ORDER IN A COUPLE OF YOUR REMARKS!! THEY WERE FALSEHOODS!! I know this because you made them against me!! I'm comfortable in the fact there is no substance to certain criticism you made other than some kinda personal perception of another Sb member on your part!! I notice you don't wanna refer to the items that I challenged you on because they are falsehoods!! RETRACT THEM NOW IF YOU HAVE ANY KINDA BACKBONE WHATSOEVER!! As for "....an appearance of dictating to the English"??????? WTF!!!! Quote - "You rant at anyone who doesn't agree with you"????? Ehhhhhhh!!! How many of my threads have you read FFS - absolute bullshit, slanderous and a misrepresentation of the facts!! I will say I'd certainly rail against fascists!! I compile lots of threads on this board and the percentage of them that relate to "......dictating to the English" (if any) or ranting (if any), in reality being critical of RW behaviour, are miniscule in % terms!! ABSOLUTELY F###### MINISCULE!! I MAY HAVE THE ODD MOMENT OF RELAPSE BUT YOU COMING OUT WITH SUCH A FALSE GENERALISATION IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! YOU CAN CHECK BACK ON LOTSA MY THREADS, SAY OVER THE PAST 12 MONTHS, AND COME BACK AND APOLOGISE!! It is all in your own head how you perceive this stuff anyway. Btw I'm not standing back and putting up with the falsehoods that you uttered!! No way!! I REPEAT YOU WERE OUT OF ORDER AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO DEFEND WHAT YOU SAID BECAUSE IT WAS SHIT, WITHOUT SUBSTANCE!!! And that is exactly why I am irate and assertive, something which is very rare to see from me on this Sb board and contrary to the slanderous remarks that you recently made!! F###### outrageous!! Thumb down
To think there are people on here who call huddersfield  "huddershit". How dare they insult England like that.  Laugh
0762, I have no problem with your politics and actually agree with you on most of them anyway. Like I said last week though, its your constant reference to the English in a negative form only. When you criticize Brexit, its always the English voters who were dumb, yet 40% of Scots voted to leave, how about referring to them as simply leave voters and remove the English reference. Likewise, I think nearly everyone on here are not fans of Boris and the Tories, so lets refer to them as Tories rather than just English Tories, again big chunks of Scotland are in Tory control. Your stereotypes and generalizations do border on offensive against all English, I know that isn’t your intent but when you major on the English aspect it makes you appear to be anti-English.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Keep your nose out of this argument Saint Charles Owl FFS!! This debate has moved to a personal attack and falsehoods against me that I am not happy about at all!! Who cares about the 38% of Scots (currently much lower in Scotland anyway!!) who voted for Brexit - the vast population down south was the "elephant in the room" from a Scottish perspective and a Scot population that didn't vote for it!! Lets not even attempt to "cloud" that damning stat. And my use of the word/adjective "English" is just being manipulated. Some of the English members on this board have occasionally used it as well!! It refers to a significant proportion of the "English" electorate (it is an "English" electorate!) and centres on criticism of certain people within that electoral area(s), BUT NOT ALL OF THEM!! Trying to use the term as some kinda xenophobic interpretation is just downright cheek and an insult to the intelligence of people like myself and other Scots who read or contribute to this Sb board. And it is not the first time this cheap technique has been used in this way either!!
I’ll put my nose wherever I want.

If it refers to a significant proportion of the English electorate, then refer to it as such and not as an English electorate. Better still, don’t even put a label on it, if that 38% of Scottish voters and if the Welsh had voted to remain then we would still be in the EU!! It also wasn’t the vast majority down south that voted to leave, so again stop using generalizations.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Generalisations and offensive language seem to be OK elsewhere on here but.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »