Thread Rating:
Miscellaneous Cricket News
(05-06-2020, 23:55)spireitematt Wrote: I don't understand how we can bring cricket back in the current climate. Fielders and batsmen can social distance but the problem would be 2-3 players fielding at slip and also the handling of the ball.

You'd imagine the players are going to be rigorously tested throughout the series, and all the science suggests that outdoor transmission is only really a concern for those packed together in large crowds or individuals standing face to face. They've already decreed no spit-shining the ball, too.
(06-06-2020, 07:39)Ska\dForLife-WBA Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 23:55)spireitematt Wrote: I don't understand how we can bring cricket back in the current climate. Fielders and batsmen can social distance but the problem would be 2-3 players fielding at slip and also the handling of the ball.

You'd imagine the players are going to be rigorously tested throughout the series, and all the science suggests that outdoor transmission is only really a concern for those packed together in large crowds or individuals standing face to face.  They've already decreed no spit-shining the ball, too.

They would have to be tested rigorously. I hate the spit-shining ball in general.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
My league the Palace Shield have officially said no league cricket this season
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(08-06-2020, 19:43)themaclad Wrote: My league the Palace Shield have officially said no league cricket this season

Shame that. I miss cricket, not played in years, I'm a better bowler than a batsman.

For me Matt it is a case of getting older which is the problem, will be 18 months since I last occupied the crease when next season starts

Better get some net time in if you want to get picked for the Hundred Whistle
Age or game?

Now allowed to go training in groups of 6 also Palace Shield if possible may bering in a mini competition in groups of 5 sadly for my lads first team is in Division 5 2nd in Division 6. League 5/6 lumped together means we only have one team

Cricket South Africa have unveiled another new format of cricket, which is three team cricket.

And I thought the 100 was going to be bad
Another day, another door, another high, another low
(18-06-2020, 01:43)jjamez Wrote: Cricket South Africa have unveiled another new format of cricket, which is three team cricket.

And I thought the 100 was going to be bad

I read about that.

3 teams of 8 players, 36 over match which is played over 2 halves with 18 overs a half. Each team bats and bowls for 12 overs a match. It sounds so confusing and makes no sense.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »