Thread Rating:
Steve Clarke picks his Scotland squad for the Euros!
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...-man-squad

So Clarke's 26 man squad is finally announced and I think the only contentious issues centre on why RFC's RB, Paterson, was given a call up after playing a few games for the Govan club and after violating COVID rules that resulted in him being banned for four matches plus why the Scotland manager never added Leigh Griffiths as another striking option - use him as a wildcard option esp if goals are in short supply.
Good point Re Patterson, although he looks a handy enough player.
Squads as I expected really, Griffiths has been a complete waste of space fitness wise this season.....Good to see Turnbull and Gilmour get called up, think they are both good young players.

A player who I think should have been involved was Ryan Gauld, who apparently has been doing extremely well in Portugal.
Gauld apparently has the best goal-scoring stats of all the mid players this footie season as well as having a vg all round season as well.
Scotland's 1st friendly match before the Euro finals v The Netherlands and no surprise that the Scotland squad has been hit by COVID19. Thankfully only John Fleck has been infected and tested positive but Steve Clarke taking no chances and leaving 7 players behind in Spain. On the subject of that training camp in Alicante, I can't be the only Scotland fan asking, "Why travel there"?? It goes hand n hand with a similar question I raised re the British Lions playing Japan at Murrayfield on 26 June. Am I missing something here or is it not plainly obvious that the Japan RU team shouldn't be travelling anywhere near Scotland due to a national COVID emergency taking place back home???
Anyway, Clarke's revised Scotland lineup becomes:-

Gordon, Hendry, Cooper, Tierney, Forrest, Robertson, Armstrong, McGregor, Turnbull, Christie, Dykes

Not the team that Clarke would've wanted to start but just gotta get on with it!
Meanwhile, the London Mayor, Sadiq Khan (and others), advising all Scotland fans without tickets not to travel to London. Two weeks before the Wemberley match and he comes out with this formal advice and totally unaware of the pre-paid arrangements that have been made in advance - done months ago by 1000s of Scotland fans who wanna be there. Looks like a huge clash with London's finest could well be "on the cards" although totally avoidable if they follow a "softly, softly" approach.
ritchiebaby likes this post
FT and a decent 2-2 draw for Scotland. What a cracking opening goal by Hendry. But only holding that lead for 6 mins although the Dutch goal by Depay was a top class finish. Not a bad workout for the players all the same and Kevin Nisbet scoring a well-taken second goal in the 2nd half - his 1st goal for Scotland!! Thumb up How was that equalising second goal for The Netherlands ever a free kick?? An awful decision by the Portuguese referee!! Thumb down
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »