Thread Rating:
Preston vs WBA - Match Thread
Great decision said no one ever match blog our site tomorrow bet you can’t wait, Mr Langford May get a mention
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Having been jobbed out of two points against Charlton a few weeks ago with an even bigger non-penalty in stoppage time, from an Albion perspective it's not hard to view it as the decisions evening themselves out. Obviously no consolation to PNE, who shut us out more effectively than any other team since Leeds, and deserved better for it.
themaclad likes this post
Can someone confirm this:-
I'm sure I read/heard a few years ago that Albion's all-time record wins-on-the-trot is 5.
Jinx for Sunday's game?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
No, our all-time record is 11 consecutive wins from April to August 1930.
talkSAFT likes this post
It looked like a pen to me so understand why the ref gave it us. I would be disappointed BUT they should have been reduced to 10 men after that studs up tackle on Perriera.

So I think we’d have done them fair and square had he been sent off.

Swings and roundabouts as we’ve had them given against us in the past.

Boing Boing
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
(03-12-2019, 00:14)Lord Snooty Wrote: If only we had some form of video replay that an independent referee could take a look at to get to the correct decision.  Whistle

Nah! It'd never work. Besides, there was a miniscule touch on the Albion player, so VAR probably would,ve given it anyway.  Blush

Ah well, keep it going, Baggies. Keep those dirty Leeds buggers down. Big Grin

I am totally bemused as to why dirty Leeds would be complaining. PNE's loss helps make Leeds 2nd position more secure?
I must be missing something  Huh
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
(03-12-2019, 00:39)Borders Baggie Wrote: Much the better team 1st half. Preston came much more into in 2nd half. West Brom didn’t seem keen to cross the ball in from wide for the first hour.
Harsh way for Preston to lose a point with the ‘penalty’ decision. We could see from the stand it shouldn’t have been awarded.
So much for looking forward to seeing Sawyers, Pereira, Diangana and Ajayi.
Ajayi cautioned although played well. The others disappointing on the night.
Credit must go to SB for bringing on Edwards to win the pen and Austin to score it.
Makes the trip back to Scotland that much better.

Glad you and your son had a good evening, BB! Sorry we couldn't have had two representatives from the Scottish Borders but I'm sure you did us proud Smile
(03-12-2019, 12:04)Ska\dForLife-WBA Wrote: No, our all-time record is 11 consecutive wins from April to August 1930.

Thanks, Ska'd. (Don't know where I got the 5 from.)
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I think five on the bounce is actually our record run of draws, though not sure without checking.
(05-12-2019, 00:28)BaggieSteve Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 00:39)Borders Baggie Wrote: Much the better team 1st half. Preston came much more into in 2nd half. West Brom didn’t seem keen to cross the ball in from wide for the first hour.
Harsh way for Preston to lose a point with the ‘penalty’ decision. We could see from the stand it shouldn’t have been awarded.
So much for looking forward to seeing Sawyers, Pereira, Diangana and Ajayi.
Ajayi cautioned although played well. The others disappointing on the night.
Credit must go to SB for bringing on Edwards to win the pen and Austin to score it.
Makes the trip back to Scotland that much better.

Glad you and your son had a good evening, BB! Sorry we couldn't have had two representatives from the Scottish Borders but I'm sure you did us proud  Smile

Cheers Baggie Steve. Enjoyed the experience although after watching the Bristol City game, I was hoping for a similar performance. Suppose we need to give PNE some credit there and the 3pts are the important thing if you haven’t been at your best.
BaggieSteve likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »