Thread Rating:
Preston vs WBA - Match Thread
[Image: WBAPreston.jpg]

It's floodlights, camera, action for Albion as we enter winter with the second in a run of five consecutive televised games on Monday night. A seven-point lead has opened up between the Baggies and the dreaded playoffs, and as league leaders, the harsh glare of media attention will be firmly upon us from here on. That may well be to the advantage of Preston, Monday's opposition, who've suffered a slight blip on their travels since the international break, and will now look to get their otherwise impressive underdog campaign back on track at Deepdale.

As far as Albion are concerned things just seem to get better and better. Wednesday's 4-1 rout of Bristol City - a score which may actually have flattered the visitors a little - showcased some of the best one-touch passing and link-up play seen by a Baggies team in years, while the worrying absence of a proven goalscorer has been ameliorated somewhat by Hal Robson-Kanu rolling back the years to his old Reading prime. If anything, the greatest fear right now is that we get complacent or start believing our own hype, as this division can sink you in weeks if you stop doing the hard yards from one Saturday to the next.

Albion's 3-2 win last September was our first at Deepdale since 1970, which has traditionally been a very tough place for us to go. A repeat performance would go a long way to cementing our place at the top, but with more tough games to come, there'd be nothing wrong with a point on Monday to keep us ticking over.
talkSAFT, Stairs, BaggieSteve And 1 others like this post
I feel HRK will get another one
Don’t get to many games due to living in the Scottish Borders but going to this one with my son.
Really looking forward to seeing Ajayi, Sawyers, Pereira & Diangana in the flesh.
Things going rather well at the moment so just hope I’m not a jinx!!
ameliorated

Love it Heart Heart
Ubique.
(30-11-2019, 00:52)Borders Baggie Wrote: Don’t get to many games due to living in the Scottish Borders but going to this one with my son.
Really looking forward to seeing Ajayi, Sawyers, Pereira & Diangana in the flesh.
Have a great time! As a Baggie also living in the Scottish Borders I was also going with my son until those nice Sky/EFL people changed the fixture from Saturday to Monday. As I’d also bought the train tickets, anyone fancy a day trip to Preston from Edinburgh today Angry
(30-11-2019, 09:50)BaggieSteve Wrote:
(30-11-2019, 00:52)Borders Baggie Wrote: Don’t get to many games due to living in the Scottish Borders but going to this one with my son.
Have a great time! As a Baggie also living in the Scottish Borders I was also going with my son until those nice Sky/EFL people changed the fixture from Saturday to Monday. As I’d also bought the train tickets, anyone fancy a day trip to Preston from Edinburgh today  Angry

Cheers BaggieSteve. Looking forward to it. Never been to Deepdale so that’s another bonus.
Not good for you & your son. Not a lot of consideration for fans when they change fixtures for TV.
(30-11-2019, 12:45)Borders Baggie Wrote:
(30-11-2019, 09:50)BaggieSteve Wrote:
Have a great time! As a Baggie also living in the Scottish Borders I was also going with my son until those nice Sky/EFL people changed the fixture from Saturday to Monday. As I’d also bought the train tickets, anyone fancy a day trip to Preston from Edinburgh today  Angry

Cheers BaggieSteve. Looking forward to it. Never been to Deepdale so that’s another bonus.
Not good for you & your son. Not a lot of consideration for fans when they change fixtures for TV.

We went a few years ago, I think it was our previous game in the Championship before last year's visit. It was an exciting 0-0 draw Dodgy However, we had a good day out and it was an easy 20 minutes walk from the station, although I guess you'll be driving as it's an evening kick off. Anyhow, have a great time and give the lads a shout from us!!
Unchanged starting 11 and bench.

Johnstone
Ferguson - Ajayi - Bartley - Gibbs
Sawyers - Livermore
Phillips - Pereira - Diangana
HRK

Subs - Bond, Hegazi, Furlong, Barry, Edwards, Krovinovic, Austin
Sounds like we're well on top (after 33 mins) but still 0-0.....
Preston defending in numbers with a depleted side, we can't really find a way through. Bartley missed a golden chance to put us one up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »