Thread Rating:
A UK General Election and Trump already "sticking his nose" in it....
(11-11-2019, 17:00)0762 Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 23:14)0762 Wrote: It looks like the security servs, MI5 etc, are pressurising the govt to release this report in the interests of national security and the public at large - now that is one big statement of intent to force a disclosure!!
And the Met Police holding back on Johnson's criminal investigation (when Mayor of London) to "protect his interests" really "takes the biscuit"!! I wonder when the bbc will finally "show their true colours" or if the Oxbridge Tory infiltrators within their senior ranks will be marginalised!!?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/11/bbc-shows...-11078714/
Wowwwwwww!!! That didn't take long eh!!!!! The bbc exposed again as the Tory backing bastards that they really are!!!! The pitiful excuse that was given re this cover up for Johnson's gaffe yesterday at the Cenotaph just confirms there are elements in the bbc that ensure it resembles and behaves no differently from Russian state radio - an absolute disgrace but something that has been well sussed out up here down the years in Scotland by lotsa vigilant Scottish observers and Scot indy backing media people.

If we can't trust the BBC to report news which isn't biased, then who can we trust? I don't know if any of you have read 1984 but in 1984 the character Winston Smith works as a clerk in the records department of the ministry of truth where his job is to rewrite historical documents and history books so they fit the current party line. Also they had Newspeak where they had to dumb down and cut out vocabulary and eliminate many words in the English language because a higher range of vocabulary demonstrates higher intelligence.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
"Marry up" George Orwell's novel, "1984", with Huxley's, "Brave New World", and one has a good early reference to lotsa enlightening futuristic stuff which has eventually become reality, some of it extremely negative and undemocratic. In the case of the Tories and the Brexit Party, watch out for the "blitz" of unacceptable data/fake news that this pair of toxic fascist parties will send out to unsuspecting voters in the final fortnight of this general election and in a country that has still not "got to grips" with this extreme practise that should be deemed unlawful and subject to massive fines under statute and applied by a more savvy Electoral Commission and indeed the Police!! Many countries have signed up to a charter to tackle this practise and deem it unlawful much in the same way as journalistic practise is being challenged in many countries to report properly and honestly. I believe that 30 UN countries have already signed up this year to take up this challenge against fake news practice and mass data encroachment - a huge threat to the democracy of many countries around the world and this participating number of nations will naturally increase through time as people and governments are realising, since the Cambridge Analytica revelation/exposure, that there are "forces of evil" at work in a high data orientated society where "targeting" of certain groups of people with political intent has become a global problem.
(11-11-2019, 18:24)spireitematt Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 17:00)0762 Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 23:14)0762 Wrote: It looks like the security servs, MI5 etc, are pressurising the govt to release this report in the interests of national security and the public at large - now that is one big statement of intent to force a disclosure!!
And the Met Police holding back on Johnson's criminal investigation (when Mayor of London) to "protect his interests" really "takes the biscuit"!! I wonder when the bbc will finally "show their true colours" or if the Oxbridge Tory infiltrators within their senior ranks will be marginalised!!?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/11/bbc-shows...-11078714/
Wowwwwwww!!! That didn't take long eh!!!!! The bbc exposed again as the Tory backing bastards that they really are!!!! The pitiful excuse that was given re this cover up for Johnson's gaffe yesterday at the Cenotaph just confirms there are elements in the bbc that ensure it resembles and behaves no differently from Russian state radio - an absolute disgrace but something that has been well sussed out up here down the years in Scotland by lotsa vigilant Scottish observers and Scot indy backing media people.

If we can't trust the BBC to report news which isn't biased, then who can we trust? I don't know if any of you have read 1984 but in 1984 the character Winston Smith works as a clerk in the records department of the ministry of truth where his job is to rewrite historical documents and history books so they fit the current party line. Also they had Newspeak where they had to dumb down and cut out vocabulary and eliminate many words in the English language because a higher range of vocabulary demonstrates higher intelligence.

What "strikes me" about this latest revelation re the bbc is that it has followed on from a similar despicable incident when a video recording of Labour's Keir-Starmer-Smith was "doctored" by Tory campaign officials to present a totally different negative image of the interview on Good Morning Britain.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/t...d-20818433
This highly questionable ploy was rightly challenged and should be highlighted as the "thin end of the wedge" that is akin to the anti-democratic practise of the likes of a Russian dictator or a S American demagogue such as Pinochet!!! But this is 21st century UK that we are inhabiting and we should be better than this shit. Thankfully we don't practise in such a dishonourable way in Scotland and I hope we never stoop so low i.e. let these desperate unionists make fools of themselves again but this time lets see the Scottish population absolutely "turn on them" with no quarter given this time.

Re that Farage "about turn" and Trump affiliated alliance with Johnson and his fascist chums, here is an enlightening Guardian article by Polly Toynbee re the role of the progressive parties to "get their act together" and Labour's usual "f####d up" position in likely fragmenting the vote in key constituencies to the detriment of other progressive parties.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre...ves-urgent
I wonder what blowjo has promised Farage to get him to stand down ?

Whatever it is it will be very good for vulture capitalists, gammon fascists and Russian oligarchs.

Less so for the working poor.
There is a great humorous cartoon of Johnson and Farage standing alongside Trump, similar to a damning cartoon published by Private Eye a while ago - the three Brexiteers devising their devious little plans lol!! I believe Corbyn and the Labour Party have "pounced" on this election "bonus" by depicting this threesome dissecting the NHS and a caption with the words DON'T TRUST THEM WITH YOUR NHS!!

(12-11-2019, 09:41)hibeejim21 Wrote: I wonder what blowjo has promised Farage to get him to stand down ?

Whatever it is it will be very good for vulture capitalists, gammon fascists and Russian oligarchs.

Less so for the working poor.

Re vulture capitalists etc, I notice the Conservative Party is refusing to reveal the full list of what is reckoned to be wealthy Russian donors, about 20, who also want a Brexit outcome!!!!??? Why are these people even allowed to donate anyway and my perception of such donations was that any contribution over £850 must be vetted and scrutinised!!?? Are they linked to the Russian govt and its strategy to do what??? Of course, that leads me perfectly to the secret UK government investigation re Russian interference that has been completed but publication blocked by the government!!!?? I notice that Hillary Clinton has joined the growing criticism that this report has not been published esp on the lead up to a crucial general election. THERE IS DEFINITELY A BIG STORY IN THIS COVER UP AND I SUSPECT THE FUNDING OF POLITICAL PARTIES COULD BE PART OF THIS STORY!! FOR EXAMPLE DOES FARAGE HAVE "DIRTY MONEY" ATTACHED TO HIS ACTIVITIES DOWN THE YEARS AND COULD IT BE DETAILED, WITH FULL EVIDENCE IN THIS REPORT, AND ARE THE SECURITY SERVS PRESSING FOR PUBLICATION BECAUSE THEY HAVE PROVIDED A LOTTA THE INFO TO THE PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE AND ARE NOW AWARE OF THE THREAT THAT SHOULD BE MADE PUBLIC. But is it also damning to the political interests of the Tories???? I say someone, a public-spirited hero/heroine, should "leak" this document - f### these fascists and stuff the Official Secrets Act in this case!! Time this revelation for the last 7 days of this poisonous general election!! Lastly, isn't it ironic that the Labour Party digital platform has just been subjected to a cyber attack that failed due to robust security measures/protection.
Farage is just a useful idiot. Clear links below:

Cambridge Analytica - Bannon.

Wigmore (UKIP) - Alexander Udod (Russian diplomat)

Farage/Banks - US fundraising for leaveUK - Phil Bryant/Bannon/Trump

Matthew Elliott (vote leave) - conservative friends of Russia

Banks,wigmore - povarenko (oligarch), yavichenko (russian ambassador)

Boris - Lebedev (evening standard)

Follow the money. UK democracy has been subverted, undeniably.
0762 likes this post
(09-11-2019, 20:35)spireitematt Wrote: I live in a seat which used to be a safe Tory seat but it's now a marginal. Labour currently hold it but the general consensus is that it's likely it will turn Blue and that a carpetbagger will represent us.

I really fear a Tory Government especially under Johnson, but I feel all the leaders are shit and useless.

Swinson has ruled out a coalition with Labour but hasn't ruled out a coalition with the Tories and I expect if there is a hung parliament that she'll jump into bed with the Tories like Clegg did.

Scotland will go independent, it's only a matter of time. Scotland/Wales and Northern Ireland are like the poor relation who get treated badly especially by the Tories.

A recent YouGov opinion poll depicts that Humberside and Yorkshire will "turn blue" and the NW of England will also do the same. I can't believe that the Tories will be only one pt behind Labour in Wales????? Labour should be ahead by much more and Plaid Cymru should also be doing better!!!!?? Scotland will "turn yellow"/SNP with about 50+ seats and no surprise there! But the overall picture is as "dark as it can be" with the Tories reckoned to have a projected majority of 96 seats!! I can't believe that an English population could possibly vote in an arsehole and a criminal called Johnson to be a British PM esp when that population has a decent "remain" proportion that is now much higher than 50%. Is this another anomaly of this daft FPTP electoral system where the Tories core support of 30% somehow gets them through into govt AGAIN???????????????? It is still early days TBF and opinion polls should be treated with caution anyway with other factors to consider before this election is concluded on 12 December but this is extremely worrying and leads me to reflect back to a previous question why Corbyn ever called this election in the 1st place!! Was he so seriously deluded???? From what I can make out, Johnson's popularity rating has gone down in most regions but Corbyn's rating is down and worse than Johnson's FFS!!!????? Nicola Sturgeon called it right in saying they are both as bad as each other and should be nowhere near a PM's position - an absolute shambles!!
Labour are going to lose seats all over. They have let down the brexiteers that make up much of their constituents. Labour voters have stated they can never vote Labour again because of amount of their MPs ignoring democracy. When ex-miners are saying they will vote Brexit Party or even Tory, you know it's a lost cause. People are voting on one issue alone. They seem blinkered as far as our precious NHS is concerned, let alone any other issues. We are going to have a right wing government for a long time.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
As said previously, the Labour Party has been an ambiguous shambles for long enough and they are unimpressive up here in Scotland to the point that the recent YouGov poll predicts that the SLP and their insipid leader, Richard Leonard, will break Dugdale's all time low record of 14% of the Scot vote - down to 12%!!!! I think it will be lower than 12%, wait n see. If this is the case, I concur with Jim's old comment that "ENGLAND DESERVES WHAT THEY GET" if this forecast does indeed materialise. And don't assume this shambles will be over because there is a huge proportion of the population in England that is polarised and does not favour Brexit and many people will not concede to its introduction!! The threat to the NHS alone will definitely cause huge ructions in the country against people who don't seem to realise the negative implications of imposing Brexit and the huge "vested interests" and criminality attached to it!! From a Scottish perspective, I fear a huge power confrontation materialising against a RW government who the Scot population didn't vote for AGAIN and it will impudently try to impose its will and RW narrative against Scottish interests and the Scottish govt - RW views/RW nationalism seem to have "infected" an unusually high number of people, many of whom seem to be in the "oldie" category - very noticeable, based on studies and interviews carried out throughout England. I'm assuming they are happy to see a private health care model, American style, imposed on them - STUPID BASTARDS AND GOD HELP THEM AND THE COUNTRY IF THIS "NIGHTMARE" COMES TO PASS!!
The labour MPs in Westminster weren't trying to subvert democracy though, they were trying to protect it.

Interestingly the latest survation poll (they were closest to the result in 2017) have labour narrowing the gap to 6% from the tories.

I have a horrible feeling the tories will be the largest party but will be propped up by Swinson.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »