Thread Rating:
The Hundred
I've tried to be open-minded about "Birmingham Phoenix", but it's already difficult to feel any connection with the team as it stands. I like Moeen, Pat Brown and Riki Wessels, but when push comes to shove, I'd rather see them playing for Worcs. Kane Williamson is a legend, but he's only going to be available for a few matches. And the rest are pretty much a who's who of players I don't care about.

There was a sense of desperation around the draft, like the dress rehearsal of a play where no one knows their lines. You can tell that very few of those involved, either on the playing side or in the media, wholeheartedly believe in it, and there seems a creeping dread of what's going to happen if the whole thing is a car crash.
The Hundred will begin with the Oval Invincibles v Welsh Fire at The Kia Oval on July 17.

Can't wait! Rolleyes Whistle Blush Doh
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
The general season schedule appears to be:

April & May - County Championship
June to mid-July - T20 Blast (still in the same format) interspersed with a few rounds of Championship games
Mid-July to mid-August - the Hundred, while counties participate in a revamped One-Day Cup; still two groups of nine to begin with, but they're no longer North and South, as Worcs, Lancs and Durham are in with mostly southern teams now. Major counties will be using out-grounds due to the Hundred, and the competition will be preceded by each first-class county playing a one-day warm-up against a minor county
Late August & September - County Championship
And interspersed with tests and odi's. If the England players are in the 100, how are they fitting international games in?
When it takes place personally hope every game is hit by a torrential deluge
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(26-11-2019, 11:47)Lord Snooty Wrote: And interspersed with tests and odi's. If the England players are in the 100, how are they fitting international games in?

It's already been confirmed that internationals will take precedence over the Hundred, so England players will probably only be involved with about half of the games.
I wonder if this shit shambles will actually take off this year with the trunkated season. Could be one of the good things to come out of this virus if it kills this off. Whistle
20/20 blast and the new game on the cards however when cricket starts again so does football hopefully life, one good thing New Road will by dry by then
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Officially postponed now until 2021. An extra fifteen months for someone at the ECB to see sense and pull the plug altogether, though I don't hold out much hope.
The one good thing to come out of this horrible virus. Whistle
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »