Thread Rating:
WHOOPEEE!!! Proroging parliament deemed unlawful by the UK Supreme Court!!!!
Tremendous news just materialised that Johnson and his govt, incl that complicit little shit heid Cummings, did indeed break the law!!! The SC have backed the Scottish Court of Session judgement. A corrupt Tory govt fully exposed and the British PM, Johnson, humiliated again. The SNP's Joanna Cherry and Jeremy Corbyn telling Johnson to "do the right thing" and resign!! Aye GTF Johnson and Dominic Cummings and "crawl into the gutter" you "chancing" bastards. Lady Hale suggesting that parliamentary business can return immediately!! WHOOPEEEEEEEEE!!! The actual result was BoJo 0 Judges 11 - all judges backed this clear judgement, not even a "split decision", and A WIN FOR PARLIAMENTARY SOVEREIGNTY!! I've also gotta give a special mention to the resolve of Gina Miller, a woman who has been intimidated and threatened for a very long time by horrible representatives and backers of the Brexit quest in England, an utter disgrace!
Proof positive for all the daily mail thicko's and hardcore brexiteers that scots law is EQUAL in stature in the UK, not subjugate as the supreme court have just showed with their ruling.

Johnson needs to resign today and should face criminal proceedings.

I still think a Government of national unity is the only way forward. Press pause in the whole ridiculous process.
0762 likes this post
Johnson already trying to "tough it out" with a silly comment that he disagrees with the judgement. Under normal circumstances, Johnson's resignation letter should've been signed just after the judgement was announced by Lady Hale! But these are not normal times and Johnson is not an honourable person! In fact, he has been judged to be a law breaker and in an untenable position - that is the enormity of this historical decision. Also the Conservative Party conference happens at the weekend lol!!! F### them - their members and party deserve it!!
Johnson took advice from the Attorney General before seeing the Queen told it was correct in English law. The decision indicated the length of the closer was unlawful no comment was made on what was said to the Queen. The Government didn’t put up a defence at the actual proceedings basically it is a slap on the wrist not a resignation issue. Guide lines set by court for next prorogation which may come 7/10/19 and could possibly be until 31/10/19.
Labour not going with Vote of Confidence either
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

I'm an SNP man, but that was a tremendous speech from Corbyn. He is nowhere near as bad the politician he is portrayed.

I'm a Scottish nationalist but if I was English I'd probably vote for him outside his brexit stance.

Bojo acting like Franco.....because lots of super rich want him to divert attention from the real scam....not the EU....but for them to get even richer as the world faces its biggest challenges.
I hate to disagree, jim, but I could have delivered Corbyn's speech today. Thanks to the Tories stupidity, a couple of sendings-off and four own goals, it was an early Christmas present all dressed up in a pretty bow for Corbyn.

Boris has been described by all and sundry as a buffoon and a clown, but they are relatively harmless, unlike Boris who is a loose cannon firing off in all directions.

The ball is now back in the House Of Commons, which probably means that nothing much will happen except a lot of name-calling and bluster from all sides. Then there will be a shout of "It's ma baw and you're no playin'" and the general public will be even more fed up with the whole shenanigans.
Cabbage is still good for you
Johnson actually shouldnae be there and I'm repeating from a previous thread that his natural recourse would be to resign if he had any honour and standing about him - that was not just a "slap on the wrist" as described by themaclad!! IT WAS AN 11-0 SLAUGHTER BY ELEVEN SUPREME COURT JUDGES!!!! Unprecedented in British political history and lets not undermine the enormity of this judgement!!! HE IS NOT FIT TO BE IN A PM'S ROLE AND I THINK MOST PEOPLE REALISE THAT FACT!!! IMO the manipulation of the Queen is a much bigger mistake than many people realise esp following on from another Tory clown who stupidly admitted using the Queen against the Scot Indy Yes campaign in 2014!! Parliament will now take control of parliamentary business.
Just to continue with the debate about Boris and The Law, I'd like to know the answer (if there is a definitive one) to "Can Boris Johnson prorogue Parliament, legally this time, for say 2 weeks to allow the Tories to put forward their agenda for the Queen's Speech?". I know this would be highly antagonistic and controversial, but I'd put nothing past Boris Johnson.

The Supreme Court has ruled that he has not already prorogued Parliament - it was deemed to be null and void - meaning that it would be a new application for a short term and should be treated on it's own merits. As he has already shut down Parliament for over 2 weeks, that would take him pretty close to the 5 weeks in the original illegal attempt.

As far as I'm aware, the Supreme Court made no ruling on a suitable time limit on any future prorogation. so would we have to go through all this legal procedure once more? I bet the lawyers are rubbing their hands with glee.
Cabbage is still good for you
(25-09-2019, 00:59)ritchiebaby Wrote: Just to continue with the debate about Boris and The Law, I'd like to know the answer (if there is a definitive one) to "Can Boris Johnson prorogue Parliament, legally this time, for say 2 weeks to allow the Tories to put forward their agenda for the Queen's Speech?". I know this would be highly antagonistic and controversial, but I'd put nothing past Boris Johnson.

The Supreme Court has ruled that he has not already prorogued Parliament - it was deemed to be null and void - meaning that it would be a new application for a short term and should be treated on it's own merits. As he has already shut down Parliament for over 2 weeks, that would take him pretty close to the 5 weeks in the original illegal attempt.

As far as I'm aware, the Supreme Court made no ruling on a suitable time limit on any future prorogation. so would we have to go through all this legal procedure once more? I bet the lawyers are rubbing their hands with glee.

I read somewhere that the answer is yes, he can still prorogue Parliament at a later date.
I firmly believe Boris would put tanks on the street to make sure his vulture capitalist friends make zillions And avoid tax.

And be cheered on by most of the English populace who need some posh twerp to tell them what to do.

Let him go lie to that auld parasite Lizzie again, our politics are already beyond the joke.
0762 likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »