Thread Rating:
Michael Owen
I`m sure another Twitter storm has been picked up by everyone

Completely behind Michael Owen, NUFC are a massive, massive club whose fans on a passion level are top six if not higher unfortunately the clubs objectives are not

Would he really be the first player on big money and massive transfer fee to somewhat lose interest?

Yes terrible I know, many of us would run through walls for 100k+ a week and those meager few who become professionals should be damn lucky and thank the Gods every night

Owen was a superb talent but the 15M record signing was hardly flanked with similar record signings was he? I mean it was only this year they broke that 15m record? Hardly surrounded by the same quality as Real Madrid and sadly for the fans of NUFC he was bought more of as a shirt seller than part of a statement to march on the league or Europe. 120K a week, try signing Alexis Sanchez!

The Downgrade in Rafa> Bruce says it all about NUFC, I think many of the fans understand this, Benitez whether you love/hate wasn't going to stick around for a club with no ambition

And yes Beckham shouldnt have got sent off at the WC, I`m sure Pele and Maradona had bigger lumps kicked out of them but didn't react so foolish
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
I managed to watch the game against Sheff Untd last night and would say well done to the Toon for coming away with a 2-0 win despite being well behind in most of the other stats;- possession etc.

There was however, one incident near the end of the game while it was still only 1-0 when with a pass into the Newcastle penalty area, not one but two of the Blade's players suddenly collapsed on the ground as if they had been shot
Not sure if they had collided with each other or whether both simultaneously threw themselves on the floor hoping to get a penalty. Laugh Laugh

If the latter is the case, I would have expected the ref to book one if not both for simulation Smartass
Some days I'm top dog, most days I'm just the lamp post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »