Thread Rating:
UEFA order Rangers to close part of their stadium due to racist/sectarian chanting!!!
It just exposes the "backward country" that we are in when it comes to dealing with this criminal offence and allowing it to carry on regardless instead of doing what UEFA deploy - a step by step punishment. I'd supplement that process with THE DEDUCTION OF POINTS AND, IF THEY ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO CONTINUE OFFENDING, AN OUTRIGHT BAN!! That would "focus minds" eh!!!
As you pointed out the klan were caught well and truly out in warsaw, and it wasn't just a small amount singing either it was their entire away support.
Another partial stadium closure for the sevconians for RACIST and sectarian chanting. What an absolute embarrassment to Scotland they are.
YOU COULDN'T MAKE THIS UP!! Rangers are the subject of a 3rd UEFA investigation into offensive racist/sectarian behaviour v FC Midtylland!! Just "throw the book at them" FFS UEFA!! Their fans not listening and don't give a sook!!
Hearing they are going to be reported to UEFA again for more unacceptable chanting/banners.
No surprise any more TBH!! IMO an outright ban is in order - 3 x warnings and you're oot!!
Apparently sectarian chanting noted by UEFA in Rotterdam but no action taken. I'm guessing that UEFA officials are "keeping their powder dry" and the next action will be Rangers playing in an empty stadium. They must not "go soft" on this issue!!!!!!
Rangers propaganda machine playing the "offended party" card and insinuating that Morelos was the subject of racial abuse at Celtic Park on Sunday although no evidence uncovered so far from stewards etc to confirm that fact. Also another "offended card" being played that they are regularly the victim of bad ref decisions!!! They are not the only ones if that is the case!! Thumb down And coming out with an insinuation that Morelos is given "special treatment" and "picked on" is "having a laugh" Laugh Morelos does not "help his cause" at all and his two yellow cards were fully deserved plus his general behaviour in many matches is "open to huge criticism"!! Indeed, I recall the Colombian striker actually being "caught on camera" gesturing to away fans with a "slit throat" hand action - the SFA surely can't ignore that explicit offence. Similarly Kent "caught on camera" gesturing to away fans after his goal with a "gun to the head" hand action - WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT AND AGAIN THE SFA CANNOT IGNORE THIS TYPE OF POISONOUS INCITEMENT!!? I must say that certain Celtic players may not be perfect but I can't recall this crass level of behaviour from any Celtic player that is unacceptable and needs a strong message meted out by the SFA to such offenders who clearly have a level of bitterness that is well beyond the sport of footie and its integrity. Was this official Sevco statement a "smokescreen" to avoid more scrutiny of the questionable manner that many of their players and officials actually behave? NO HUMILITY WHATSOEVER AND NO WONDER THEY ARE ALSO "ON THE VERGE" OF A FULL UEFA BAN FOR REGULAR SECTARIAN ABUSE AS PREVIOUSLY DEBATED!!
Even in victory they behave like scum. They are building up a narrative of racism forcing Morelos to quit that isn't there....whilst of course ignoring their own problems with racism and sectarianism.

As for Morelos, he's a good player but clearly a nutjob of the highest order discipline wise.....which is why clubs will be loathe to spend big on him.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52106048

Rangers fined again by UEFA on three separate counts and, following that glass bottle incident, I can't believe they didn't impose an immediate ban of all fans at their next home match when they eventuality participate in Euro footie again!! Thumb down IMO UEFA officials are "soft as putty" for some reason!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »