Thread Rating:
Johnson Premiership imminent - the next political "nightmare" begins tomorrow!
He doesn't need a general election or a referendum, no deal happens automatically after oct31 and parliament can only change that with a vote of confidence in blowjo.

Would enough MPs support corbyn's no confidence bid ? Don't think so.

Going by sturgeons interview today boris will have to deliver brexit to survive. He doesn't give a xxxx which variety we get. That's why he's there and not may.
Yep! IMO this is a "kamikaze RW govt" that is out to initiate a no deal Brexit and did you know they have even installed a countdown clock at 10 Downing Street!!! I think we will be witnessing one of the most critical periods in British political history after parliamentarians return shortly from their summer recess and a "battle royal" will commence!! Corbyn has to call for a "no confidence" vote and he has no choice in the matter. Also I must say what is being suggested, post 31 October, is unconstitutional but IT IS ACTUALLY LEGAL which is bizarre TBF about it - again another crazy anomaly in the parliamentary system which I, and millions n millions of other decent folk in this country, regard as outdated and "not fit for purpose"!!! There is a possibility that HM The Queen could be involved in this issue - unlikely but it could happen!! I also think that a no confidence vote will be upheld by parliament against this unelected RW govt but my view is it will be close when one scrutinises the number of turncoat Brexit Labour MPs v Tory "remain" ones . However the "key" to defeating this RW govt is the fact that too many parliamentarians, incl lotsa Tories, are appalled by the thought of a "no deal" Brexit and the country being still totally unprepared for that eventuality.
(06-08-2019, 10:22)hibeejim21 Wrote: He doesn't need a general election or a referendum, no deal happens automatically after oct31 and parliament can only change that with a vote of confidence in blowjo.

Would enough MPs support corbyn's no confidence bid ? Don't think so.

Going by sturgeons interview today boris will have to deliver brexit to survive. He doesn't give a xxxx which variety we get. That's why he's there and not may.

Not Corbyn's no but they may support Jo Swinson's.

SNP, Nicola Sturgeon and Labour are joining forces to stop a No-deal Brexit and to lock the Tories out the power but I think the SNP have agreed to this because Labour said they wouldn't stop a 2nd indy referendum.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I think only leader of the opposition can mount a vote of no confidence that actually can unseat the government.
(07-08-2019, 18:39)hibeejim21 Wrote: I think only leader of the opposition can mount a vote of no confidence that actually can unseat the government.

She tabled her own vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson and it will likely fail. She also tried to push Corbyn to call a vote of no confidence but the Labour party and Corbyn refused and its seemed to have created an argument between Labour and Lib Dems when they both should be fighting the Tories. Whole thing is childish.

What annoys me about the Lib Dems is they are no better than the Tory party, they are Yellow Tories who aided and abetted the Conservatives back in 2010 in the coalition to heap austerity on the poorest in society and lets not forget Clegg signed a pledge to scrap tuition fees and they were trebled and it turns out that he didn't even have to go along with trebling the tuition fees.

Jo Swinson voted for austerity, warned against rising the minimum wage, scrapped EMA, cut disability payments, supported the bedroom tax, tripled the tuition fees and accepted money from a fracking company in 2017. From 2005-2010 she voted 617 times with the Tories that's before they were in coalition with them. Also ruled out a coalition with Labour in the event of a hung parliament in a general election but hasn't ruled out jumping back into bed with the Tory party.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Good comments Matt and this huge list of criticisms of Swinson are also common in Nationalist circles up here - a lotta Scots folk have not forgotten her role in brokering some of the worst social policies against lower groups of people and the adverse effects, UK wide, are still being endured at the current time. She could well be the "fly on the ointment" in this critical political period right up to the end of October! I pray this is not the case but agree with previous comments that I don't trust Swinson or her Libdem party and wouldn't "touch them with a barge pole"! Her hypocrisy is self-evident to anyone who has the gumption to scrutinise her background, her political history and some of the questionable comments that she utters.
Boris makes his move.

No doubt at all that he has gone 100% for no deal now, and if corbyn and co can somehow stop it he will simply dissolve parliament and go for an election which will be pitched people v parliament.

UK's government showing absolute contempt for the people it is supposed to govern for.

Simply despicable.
Bring on a fast track Scot Indy move asap - time to move on this as the rise of support for Scot Indy increases as a consequence! Ruth Davidson, the Scot Tory leader, on the brink of resigning her post as Tory popularity "hits the buffers" in Scotland!! IMO she should have done it months ago - a hypocrite and a con, once the "darling" of English Tories - NOT ANY MORE!!
All that we pointed out on here years ago as a real risk and were scoffed at for - the lorry parks in Kent, the shortages of food and medicine, the risks to our security and our standards and workers rights....its all there in those leaked yellowhammer reports and more, much worse.

Some xxxx are going to get very, very rich from this. The elite are going all protectionist now a recession is brewing (fuelled by their reckless behaviour) and they are going to hoover up everything they can now they are completely off the leash. And as I keep pointing out we will still end up back begging for a deal from the EU after trump has filled his pockets with his trade deal which is going to be 100% in favour of America. We have zero leverage now that Boris has destroyed our relations with Europe. Oh and there will be even more immigration now too, just from developing countries rather than Europe.

It's actually beyond embarrassing now, our politics are completely broken. But even worse we have actually pissed all over what our forefathers fought the xxxx's to try and create.
0762 likes this post
I'm listening to some Labour politicians tonight who are implicitly beckoning "the people" to march on London and "bring down" this undemocratic govt if the politicians are not gonna do it!! A parliamentary petition against the Queen's proclamation and Johnson's govt already passing the 1M mark inside a few hours. What I find amazing is that on a Sb board like this one there are so many people who, like myself, are interested in their football teams etc, and yet this is IMO far more important to their country and its future than 11 f###### players making a lotta money (in some cases) and kicking a football around on a footie pitch!! Yet comments from relatively few Sb members!!!??? GET OFF YER ERSES AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or is it indeed a case of "burying heads in the sand" and maybe this crisis/nightmare will go away!!!?? THIS IS A NATIONAL CRISIS!! BELIEVE IT!! Some of you must have kids, grand kids, family ehhhhhh!!! THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED AND BE AFRAID!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »