Thread Rating:
WIMBLEDON 2019 THREAD
Not sure that did her any favours, to be honest. Even if his questions were idiotic and/or badly phrased, part of being a professional in any line of work is dealing with that stuff calmly. Unless the journos are being bang out of order, dragging personal stuff into it or suchlike (which this one wasn't), then you've got to keep your cool, and I was cringing at her response.
Cracking men’s final!!! Both men had chances to win it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/48981518
One of the best Wimbledon finals ever and definitely an "emotional rollercoaster" for The Fed and Novak. A big moment for Federer in the 5th set at 8-7 and "break point", 40-15, and Novak "breaks back" to win over Roger's service - a true champion responding under intense pressure and in front of a pro-Federer Centre Court crowd!!! A great tennis match, an epic and somebody had to lose it!! IMO a "sweet" victory for Djokovic esp with that crowd "willing on" the Fed!
Lord Snooty likes this post
I am dubious about the unforced error stats we get. Jo Konta made absolute loads apparently ........ except she couldn't find her range because of what Strycova was doing. Where does being forced into an error begin? Certainly Strycova lured Konta into loads. To mangle Bill Nicholson, if you're not forcing your opponent into errors what are you doing out on the court?

How could I forecast what would happen the day before if all the errors were unforced ......? If you are serving at 0-40 and double fault going for a big one on your second serve, is that forced or unforced?

I didn't want Federer to beat Nadal, but he did - deservedly. I didn't want a Djokovic v Federer final and was cheering on Batista-Agut but it was in fact superb. I didn't want Djokovic to win, but he did.

AND I still don't want Simona Halep to have won the Women's but I think I'm going to find it actually happened.
Lord Snooty likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »