Thread Rating:
England v Germany
England getting hammered 3-0. Anyone been watching?

Scott (Jill?) has just fluffed the chance of a consolation goal.

That's a result then. But that was the women's first match at Wembley.
Would have been nice to have had some female members Jon and talk. I have been promoting sportsbabble to women's football clubs but they are a shy bunch it seems!
Without wishing to appear sexist it seems to me women seem to approach football in a different way from men. Even at lowly levels they persist in attempting to pass to each other, use the skills they have, and support their team-mates. If you watch men at a lower level they run about like madmen, hoof the ball on sight, push, shove, trip, bite, scratch, argue with the opposition and berate each other for their inadequacies. In general they resort to physique and testosterone the moment skill betrays them.

A woman, if she passes, will run for a one two. Men have to have reached a pretty decent level before they realise their responsibilities don't end the moment they get rid of the ball.

The up and down side of women's determination to keep playing their game was evident against Germany. They lacked the crazed warrior-like notion to defend even against better players that often informs the men's game, and remained to determined to play their way to goal rather than rely on chance and physique. The game left me with the opinion that our players were good, but the Germans would win every single time the teams met. For men somehow the game proves something integral to their manhood, so occasionally an astonishingly bad team will beat an amazingly good one ....... and of course it's erections all round. Women lack that, whether it makes their game better or worse I'm not sure, but it's very different and that has nothing to do with skill levels.
As an added thought I'd like to watch a men's team managed and coached by women. Whether I'd like it to be Chesterfield I don't know, because if it weren't wonderful it would be ......
Devon, I quite like watching women's football because it's quite precise and "neat" which I think is what you're saying about it. I feel like it's as if the game is being played in an ideal world. Do you think we'll see a female manager in the men's game? I think that in a game where there aren't many black managers as is being discussed currently, and gay players can't admit it, let alone be considered for management, I can't it happening in the foreseeable!
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »