Thread Rating:
Champions League final: Liverpool v Spurs
Well the final is almost upon us again after all the topsy turvy footie matches that have taken place as the months passed by towards the end of another footie season. So who will win it in the "head to head" final in Madrid? My prediction is that these English sides will "cancel each other out" in a close run affair and we will be treated to another one of these dramatic PK shootouts in order to finally decide who is gonna the winner of the trophy for another season in this conveyor belt style UEFA methodology to provide this entertainment to the masses.
Whatever the outcome, we won't be watching it. Rotten bloody BT Sport. Angry
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Penalty Pool 25 seconds 1 up
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

FT and a 2-0 Liverpool win that I would classify as the worst Champions League final ever!!! What an awful advert for English footie! In fact, after 60 mins I switched this match to better viewing on another tv channel!! It was a terrible match full of poor passing, poor set piece kicks, poor decision-making, poor timing and it reminded me of a pre-season match where all the players were trying to "find their feet"!! I won't bother to watch the goals again as this match was utter garbage, no quality, zilch!!
Both the UEFA finals were absolutely atrocious games of football. The CL game was particularly bad, listening to jenas,hoddle and mcmanaman making excuses for the games quality was truly painful. Madrid is warm in June - whodda thunk it ???

Klopp deserved the CL most though, he has had some rotten luck that might have broke lesser managers. Getting a decent keeper and a quality centre back were the missing pieces of the jigsaw and now I expect them to kick on and win more trophies. Van Dijk's quality was clear to see to anyone even in our league.

I just wonder why it took klopp so long to realise that's what his team needed.
I thought Glenn Hoddle was the only BTS pundit who called the mediocrity of this match more accurately than the others, incl Lineker, who tried to suppress Hoddle's cutting criticism of this game esp during the HT debate - a case of lets recognise the fact that this was one of the big end of season "showpiece finals" but ignore the fact that the participating teams didn't "show up" to enhance the event! A critical bbc sport reporter referred to an incident that I missed in the 2nd half when Henderson tried to hit a 30 yard shot at Lloris' goal and almost hit the corner flag - that comment "said it all" re the standard/quality of footie that was "on show" last night. It was indeed crap!
(02-06-2019, 10:02)hibeejim21 Wrote: Both the UEFA finals were absolutely atrocious games of football. The CL game was particularly bad, listening to jenas,hoddle and mcmanaman making excuses for the games quality was truly painful. Madrid is warm in June - whodda thunk it ???

Klopp deserved the CL most though, he has had some rotten luck that might have broke lesser managers. Getting a decent keeper and a quality centre back were the missing pieces of the jigsaw and now I expect them to kick on and win more trophies. Van Dijk's quality was clear to see to anyone even in our league.

I just wonder why it took klopp  so long to realise that's what his team needed.

The Europa League final was dreadful. Both sets of fans got 6,000 tickets while the rest went to sponsors and corporate and sold to neutrals in Azerbaijan, other problem was the stands were like a mile away from the pitch so there was no atmosphere in that match. Champions League final wasn't the greatest but Liverpool deserved that, occasion got to Spurs and the heat affected both players.

The Europa League should have been played at Wembley and the Champions League final should have probably been played in Ireland or even in Scotland at Hampden Park. I reckon UEFA shouldn't announce where the finals are going to be held till about the Quarter-finals. Found it weird that Azerbaijan was picked for the Europa League when it's right on the border with Asia. They are also hosting group stages matches and one of the quarter-final matches for Euro 2020.
hibeejim21 likes this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »