Thread Rating:
Julian Assange
Asylum revoked by Ecuador, arrested by British police, further arrest made at police station on behalf of the USA, extradition request filed, charged by the Department of Justice for Conspiracy To Commit Computer Intrusion.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edva/pr/wik...conspiracy
And a massive debate arises again re the right of "free speech" and whether it should be curtailed particularly when the USA ends up with one "big bloody nose" re their secret "cover ups" and other secret stuff that they have kept well away from the public eye for fear of embarrassment!
Plus Trump's current comment re Wikipedia being of no interest is jaw dropping esp after describing Wiki as "great" during his election year following disclosure of Hilary's controversial e-mails that suited his corrupt election campaign!!
I don't think that the problem was his right to free speech, but the way he obtained classified information and released it. Strange too that his release of Hilary's e-mails probably helped the Donald into The White House. Assange is a man to be wary of, I feel.
Cabbage is still good for you
Also intriguing that he only attacked the USA but not Donald Trump and never focused on countries like China, Japan - lotsa other targets missed out!! Would he be given a fair trial in the USA? I don't believe he would be given that objectivity!! Hence no extradition although we'll see how complicit our govt is gonna be with it's dealing in this issue!! I also think this issue could end up with a Supreme Court ruling.
I think who Assange is has to be put to one side in this case. Yes he’s a journalist and co-founder of Wikileaks and yes he has broke some big stories but that doesn’t give him the right to break the law. First there’s his bail in the UK and then his actions in the conspiracy to hack the US Government and gain more classified documents. He didn’t need to assist in the password hack because he had already been given documents by Manning. He chose to commit a crime by giving assistance.

He's been been found guilty in the U.K. of breaching his bail and is facing 1 year in prison for that. Then we’ll see what happens to him with the US and possible extradition. Don’t forget Sweden has an interest in him as well.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-releas...6/download

Parts 7 and 25 of the indictment is what did it for him.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »