Thread Rating:
Promotion push
Like many ive been massively impressed with Leeds United and Marcelo Bielsa this season

Ive watched them cut the deadwood and on little spent go from mid-table manager chop n changers to the best team in the division by a mile

However thankfully I dont support them as would be absolutely tearing my hair out and a nervous wreck, they go from battering a team one week and sitting top only to lose to QPR or Birmingham the next

I guess it is making for one hell of a great Championship (And quite a few other leagues) season , certainly enjoying watching Hull City pushing for the play offs
The Championship is a cracking division with results all over the place every week. For me the best team are Norwich, not L**ds, they might not be as fancy or as well covered by the media but they have been so consistent for a long time now and look like they will take the title. That 2nd spot will go down to the last game and is too close to call but I think the pressure may get to L**ds before it gets to the Blunts!! Behind that its a list of the who’s who in terms of history of top flight apprearnaces, the bigger teams are lining themselves up for a tilt at the playoffs!! Two places potentially up for grabs with Brizzle in pole position and then you can perm any team from 5-6 as to who will take the last spot. I would put Villa in there but wouldn’t write off Derby either, beyond that they all need some assistance with results to close the gap. Guarantee the twist and turns are not done yet.
Fair Play to the foreign coaches at Leeds and Norwich who have done a stellar job of playing young homegrown talent, its beena sensational year in the Champs
Dare I say League one been the same with Luton, Barnsley , Sunderland, Portsmouth and Charlton all in the promotion push
Well I know their isn't a lot of Leeds love on this forum but you have to credit Bielsa for what he did with turning Cabbage water into wine, who knows if he stays and they actually give him money they could quite honestly build something on the very promising season they had
Whether they blew it, simply tired or found out that's your choice
I dont think it`ll be any easier for the East End Yeboah if they make the EPL and he wont have his two loan signings to help although to be fair he`s done a lot better than the poor man`s Souness up North
Balsa like Carlos cocoloco has been sussed . Too much passing it to death and not enough goals at the end of it all or at least when its needed ! And as we know over the last 5 or 6 seasons it means nothing at all what you did in the past ! I think they are going to find it hard getting over this season and i can see them playing for survival ...with or without balsa !
Lord Snooty likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »