Thread Rating:
Jermain Defoe
Rangers are poised to sign Bournemouth's former England striker Jermain Defoe on an 18-month loan deal.

The 36-year-old has been restricted to just four substitute appearances in the Premier League this season and hasn't scored since the end of March.

He will bolster Steven Gerrard's attacking options as the Ibrox club seek to maintain their challenge to Scottish Premiership champions Celtic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46751308

The guy is serious class, a real natural, however a 36 year old suddenly thrust into the quite different style of the SPL is quite a risk
Give him service he will score, but I really dont know I guess time will tell with this one
Who is paying his wages? Bournemouth forked out a ton to get him and Rangers certainly aren't going to be paying 50K+ a week
Even more debt racked up by Rangers FC and that can be added to their current debt reckoned to be about £15M!!!! That is the bigger story re this Govan club and why is it not being challenged by the Scot footie authority esp after Glasgow Rangers previous shit and financial discrepancies that finally decimated them!! They are not getting Defoe for nowt, that's for sure!! Disgraceful!!
They don't care, they will happily go under again as long as they stop the sellick.

They will cheat and cheat and cheat again while the SFA cheers them on.
0762 likes this post
I'm still amazed that a properly run national footy authority is still not inclined to set the ground rules after previous financial mismanagement by footy clubs like Glasgow Rangers, and others, that manipulated the system to gain an advantage but ultimately to the massive detriment of their own business. The authority should have the power to scrutinise their accounts and take action for the "good of the game" and also to endorse the rights of properly run Scottish footy clubs who are competing with these "chancers"!!
Apparently Defoe`s weekly wage at Barnmarf is 130K
Rangers cannot afford that and even a quarter of it would probably make him the SPL`s highest paid player
Just seen the 4 (four) penalties Andrew Dallas awarded at ibrox today. The dive by Defoe being the pick of the bunch, he gets up expecting a card only to get a pk. You're not in England anymore Jermaine.... Laugh Laugh 2 of the pks clearly outside the box Laugh Laugh Laugh

Dallas sir will be telling him not to make it so obvious next time Laugh Laugh
Aye! The debate continues re dodgy ref performances!! The same of the same suspects and nothing changes with SFA monitoring etc!!
Quote by Mikey Stewart on bbc Sportscene: "Andrew Dallas is becoming a "soap opera" as this match performance is not an isolated one"!!! At long last, somebody has observed that this guy has a history of bad refereeing and I'd reflect further back to his time refing in Leagues 1 and 2 when he was "slaughtered" on the radio by fans of Stranraer, Arbroath etc as a "spoiler" of footie matches - HE IS AN AWFUL REF!! I've officiated matches at different levels of youth footie and schools footie and if I was younger, I'd pitch my better ability against this weak ref and even wager a wad of money to back my success!! Ability, footie nous and common sense prevail!!
Question: "Should Dallas or that erse of a Assistant Referee be assigned any top match again, let alone a Rangers match"!!!??
I listened to ex ref, Steve Conroy, on bbc radio sharing a similar sentiment that a poor referee should not be allowed to just "walk away" from the scene of his woeful performance without some kinda accountability. That is surely what the SFA referee monitoring system is supposed to do!!??? The English FA practise this way with a system that can demote a referee or AR when required. Our comparable system up here in Scotland is "not fit for purpose"!!
I see the linesman is now being thrown under the bus, mikey stewart calling it out as "revisionism".
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »