Thread Rating:
Boca Juniors vs River Plate
I watched the first leg of the Copa Liberatadores final on BT Sport tonight and it was a good match. In the famous La Bombonera with its famous atmosphere, the two bitter rivals played out an entertaining 2-2 draw. Boca should have really won it in the end after great work by Carlos Tevez.

There is no away goals rule so the second leg in two weeks time, again on BT Sport is all to play for. Boca will probably miss their main man Christian Pavón through injury which will be a shame.
This CL final 2nd leg has unfortunately become infamous for all the wrong reasons - nowt to do with footie, absolutely disgraceful, and it looks like this match will be played "behind closed doors"!
Argentinian football at its worst unfortunately.

This time the River Plate fans and in 2015 it was the Boca Juniors fans. Boca were punished then so River need to be now.
Now being played in Madrid
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

A good excuse to watch a game of footie in Spain because I doubt the stadium will be full for this final.
Strange choice of stadium for this match. I can’t see it being anywhere near full.

If they wanted to take it out of Argentina then they could have picked the Estadio Centenario (60,000 attendance) in Montevideo, Uruguay or Colo Colo’s stadium (47,000 attendance) in Santiago, Chile. Both would have been better picks and they could be filled out.
I think after everything that has gone on with both sets of fans, they wanted to make sure there won't be many able to travel so they put it far enough away as a deterrent. Would certainly be a good game for European football fans to try to get to, not be many chances to see these teams play each other.
Extra time to come.

River Plate win 3-1.

Barrios sending off changed the game.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »