Thread Rating:
Betfred Cup SF - the Dons not selling enough tickets!
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/...-1-4815956
It looks like 10k fans only gonna be attending this match and IMO there are various reasons for this "lack of interest". Many Dons' fans are not enamoured with Derek McInnes and particularly v Rangers; it is also a diddy League Cup semi-final, the early KO time is a "joke" and DM's record of cup success at Hampden Park is woeful. I'd also add that Aberdeen were fortuitous to be playing in this SF instead of Hibs who literally "ripped them apart" in the preceding QF at ER but failed to hit any KO punch to "send them packing". Perhaps many Dons' fans already see the "writing on the wall" during a long period when "money is tight" in the north east anyway.
I think that`s fair 0762

Unlike many Dons fans who spend all their time harping about when he`ll be sacked and who they want
Despite those serial top two finishes and an odd cup , an mini Euro Journey all they can see is Ex Hun and Aberdeen capitulate every time we play the Old Firm teams

Ok its dire football this year but even still a lot better than McGhee or wallowing down near the Dundee end under Craig Brown

My biggest and only problem is that money to really have a go in Europe or giving Celtic a fright has not been more forthcoming, I dont know if that`s Milne or McInnes at fault but the whole losing Rooney to Salford on wages made the whole league look terrible

I`m very happy with the quality of loan in the shape of Wilson from Man Utd and last years Acquisitions of McKenna and Devlin but not enough quality has been brought into the club to replace those who have left the last few years and far too many have been loans
Very sore that Stevie May was brought to the club and will never be a one up front guy, McInnes does sadly seem stuck in 4-3-3 with no alternative, fear now that a still young Scots striker with talent will continue to see his once bright career spiral even further the wrong way
Certainly I`m not a professional football manager but surely we could bid for Donald Love? Bring back Jack Grimmer? or Peter Pawlett? Let alone every time Shankland scores it looks like another nail in Deeks coffin
The idea of Aberdeen getting a better manager seems to dismissed all around, I even heard cosgrove do the same on Saturday on radio Scotland and what a good guy he is etc....

I happen to think Aberdeen could get a better manager and they would be challenging for trophies again. The Aberdeen fans aren't going to hampden IMO because they know its usually a risible surrender from them against rangers.
McInnes is certainly not a "Neil Lennon" when it comes to their matches v the Huns. Maybe it will change this time but I can't see it happening without McKenna TBH! Also if they perform poorly, like they did against Hibs at ER, they will be well beaten by Rangers. They definitely "got out of jail" in that QF.
John Beaton confirmed as the match referee and nowt contentious re that appointment. Just hope 1. He has a decent ref performance and 2. He doesn't become embroiled in some kinda incident that changes the course of the game in favour of Rangers.
The call for Jewish/Muslim/Hindu/Zoroastrian refs only in the SPL would be a good thing !

I really rate Lennon and not surprised by the excellent job he`s doing for you at Hibs, I think he could easily manage a National or EPL side, think he has a lot of integrity and loyalty so wont be drawn away quickly by pound signs
Don`t know who would replace McInnes if progress isn't built on, fans hounded out Jimmy Calderwood another who played awful football yet sneaked results and ended up with McGhoo
Billy Davies? A manager i`m impressed with surprised he`s been out the game so long
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »