Thread Rating:
Paul Gascoigne to be in Scottish Football Hall of Fame
Ex-Rangers midfielder Paul Gascoigne is to be inducted into the Scottish Football Hall of Fame later this month.

Nominated by the public, then selected by an expert panel from across the Scottish sports media, Gascoigne will be among five inductees to be honoured at this year's event.

Gascoigne enjoyed a successful three-year spell at Ibrox after he joined The Light Blues from Lazio in 1995.

The 51-year-old played a major part in the Ibrox side's nine-in-a-row run as he won two titles in his three years at the club.

He also won a Scottish Cup and League cup in his time in Glasgow before returning south of the border in a move to Middlesbrough.

In his debut season in Scotland, he was crowned player of the year, before going on to help Walter Smith's side win their eight title in a row.

Scotland's all-time top goalscorer Julie Fleeting has already been confirmed as one of this year's inductees with the other three further inductees announced later this month.

The former England international will join former teammates Brian Laudrup, Ally McCoist, Richard Gough as well as manager Walter Smith in the Hall of Fame.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1431575-pa...l-of-fame/

Hmm, not sure what I think I`d like to hear a Scotsman`s verdict and dare I say both sides of what Glasgow think also
A great player but a career sadly tarnished by lotsa irrational behaviour and controversy. His all round contribution should have been assessed and he would've been rejected.
As a player - one of the best to play in our league in my lifetime but he was hardly here long. As a human being ? An absolute zero, that flute embarrassment, breaking his wifes fingers and generally behaving like a grade a scumbag.

Maybe we should ask for sauzee to be inducted if being a good player is all that's required.
0762 likes this post
Qualification for this ' reward 'not too demanding then . . . ?
One has to naturally ask who qualified this decision anyway? Another group of officials who have a "leaning" towards Rangers FC/GRFC?
One of the most talented players to grace the SPL but hardly there a lifetime

Kenny Burns ? John Collins ? Eric Black ? Neale Cooper (particularly nice)? Craig Levein? Brian McLair? Even Barry Backpass won more titles
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »