Barnsley Chester
Bradford City Dartford
Crewe Alexandra or Sheffield United Plymouth Argyle
Cheltenham Town Dover Athletic
Cambridge United Mansfield Town or Concord Rangers
Bristol City Basingstoke or AFC Telford
Portsmouth or Aldershot Northampton Town or Rochdale
Lord Snooty likes this post
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
A lot to sort out yet, but the big stand out match there will be at Victoria Park with the mighty Hartlepool taking on the minnows of Blyth Spartans. How many times have the Pool been cast as giants?

MKD v Chesterfield should be a good one and given how the media love Karl Robinson could be given live coverage.
Good to see at least one non-legue team will reach the 3rd round, and hopefully a few other can pull off wins to get there as well.
Hartlepool United vs Blyth Spartans is on BBC 2 Friday 5th December 7:55pm

Gateshead vs Warrington is on BT Sport Sunday 7th December 12pm

Colchester vs Peterborough is on BT Sport Sunday 7th December 4:30pm

I don't know why they are showing the Peterborough game there always on TV, I wonder if Barry Fry has got them on.

Also why has BT got most of the games and not the BBC? BT have got the replays as well.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Friday 5th December 2014
Hartlepool v Blyth Spartans 19:55

Saturday 6th December 2014
Accrington v Yeovil 15:00
Bury v Luton 15:00
Cambridge v Mansfield 15:00
MK Dons v Chesterfield 15:00
Oldham v Doncaster 15:00
Oxford Utd v Tranmere 15:00
Preston v Shrewsbury 15:00
Sheff Utd v Plymouth 15:00
Wrexham v Maidstone United 17:30

Sunday 7th December 2014
Gateshead v Warrington Town 12:00
Aldershot v Rochdale 14:00
Barnsley v Chester 14:00
Bradford v Dartford 14:00
Bristol City v Telford 14:00
Cheltenham v Dover 14:00
Scunthorpe v Worcester City 14:00
Southport v Eastleigh 14:00
Wycombe v Wimbledon 14:00
Colchester v Peterborough 16:30
These penalty shootouts are getting silly now. Scunthorpe have just beaten Worcester 14-13. Exclamation
The thing which amused me was how much better the penalties got as the shootout wore on, as if the practise was doing them good! Can only be a matter of time before we get a shootout so long that the players end up becoming unstoppable penalty machines, and it thus continues for all eternity.

"And stepping up now, as this penalty shootout enters its fortieth year, is the centre-forward's fifteen-year-old son who's spent his entire life inside this stadium watching his father. He may not be capable of intelligible speech or using a toilet, but he has learnt exactly how to hit the top corner at 100mph from twelve yards out."
Lord Snooty likes this post
I remember a non league penalty shoot out at Liversedge FC when it went on so long they had to get cars from the car park to turn on their headlights because they didn't have floodlights. Laugh
It's a terrible way to lose. The first final I played in Mens' Football, as a keeper, I kept a clean sheet for 120 minutes. It was 3-3 after 5 penalties each, then we had to choose one man each to take them. Their bloke was late thirties and I found out later a former pro'. We lost 8-7 in the end. He was bloody brilliant. I was good on penos, but I couldn't even get close ....... Kept a clean sheet, lost and ended up feeling I let my mates down. 44 years later I haven't come to terms with it. Administrators should have penalties shoved up their collective arse.
When you take a penalty you've got to make a decision where you will place it before you put the ball on the spot and hit it hard and low. If you change your mind then your more likely to miss or have it saved.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »