Thread Rating:
Another Yemen atrocity by Saudi Arabia - are you watching British govt!?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45128367
A whole bus load of kids bombed by a UK supplied military aircraft. This must be classified as a war crime and the British govt is complicit in this disgraceful war violation on a civilian population! How embarrassing and definitely unacceptable. I also hope the Tory govt "shut it" with their lame excuse that they wanna protect jobs in the arms industry!
So it transpires that the UK arms trade has made £4.6B (bbc report) from Saudi Arabia over the past 3 yrs - a few innocent kids (indeed lotsa kids!) being killed by British ordnance is something we can just ignore and forget (not happening within our borders eh!) any condemnation from a complicit UK govt - their reticence is absolutely breathtaking!
I read a little PE article that mentioned there was a swanky annual dinner in London's Grosvenor Hotel last Wednesday that saw MPs wining and dining - compliments of our British arms dealers! The menu was luxurious with lotsa champagne. It then "struck me", "Why should MPs be dining with arms companies while Yemen is starving and in the middle of a huge humanitarian crisis with the British govt and its arms providers complicit in creating this crisis for a quick buck"!!!?? Anyone with a social conscience knows exactly where I'm coming from on this moral dilemma!!
Lord Snooty likes this post
It is curious that another moral dilemma is unfolding with FIFA's President, Gianni Infantino involved in the pursuit of adding Saudi Arabia to co-host the 2022 World Cup in Quatar!? Remember that Saudi have imposed a trade blockade on Quatar and don't forget that brutal Kashoggi assassination that was planned by Prince Mohammed bin Salman and the UK and other govts/institutions acting as though it never happened - disgraceful and worse that MBS is walking around "stock free"!! Of course, this FIFA move is relative to the money-making creation of a 48 team tourney instead of the usual 32 team format. Subsequently a vote will be put to FIFA's congress in Paris on 5 June. It is contentious and FIFA is proactively contacting human-rights groups to discuss the tournament's expansion.
Still, a few additional "stains" on SA's character wouldn't make much difference and the Kashoggi affair taught MBS that he can do what he likes instead of being dragged in front of an international court in The Hague and as business class cabins to Riyadh will soon be full of westerners angling for deals again.
Anointing Saudi Arabia as co-host would make the ultimate statement about today's world and the hypocrites who inhabit it!! The powers that be no longer even pretend to care.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »