Thread Rating:
Aberdeen v Rangers - Dons to finally get the "monkey off their backs"?
It would be a good time in their 1st league game of the season but will they do it?
FT 1-1 and a fairly "flat" Dons' side equalises in AT with the only shot on Rangers goal and v ten men for the best part of 86 mins incl AT! Morelos sent off after 10 mins albeit a fairly harsh ref decision but it was a petulant kick out at a Dons' defender - deemed retaliation and a player will risk being given a straight red card in this type of incident. The equalising "get out of jail" goal was a good, accurate strike by an up n coming Dons' youth dev player, Bruce Anderson. However, AFC look like they need to add to their squad of players to make up for the loss of Christie, McLean and Rooney.
I was out cycling making most of this beautiful weather so i missed the game
But yes definitely very fair comment, four years in second place but are the funds being spared to help bridge a gap between us and Celtic?
Some very large losses this year on top of the last few years in terms of personnel of which haven't always been adequately replaced
I like Stevie May and it`s a shame he never showed his potential at SHW and PNE but certainly not a player who works best as lone striker which McInnes always uses
Definitely need reinforcements and a proper left back again Considine is not the answer there against quality opposition, he is targeted as a weak link
Expect greater challenge from Hibs, Rangers and perhaps Killie and Hearts so a stronger squad is needed
Not sure how good the youth development is these days I know Willie Miller put a hell of a lot into it and we saw the likes of Ryan Jack, Fraser Fyvie, Jack Grimmer, Peter Pawlettand Ryan Fraser look very promising but he`s gone a few years now, always spoke of youth development as a ten year process. We let Lawrence Shankland go last year and he`s scored for fun at Ayr United (28 goals in 31 apps) which has led to Dundee apparently offering 250k
Aye! Shankland possibly scored the "goal of the season" v Partick Thistle last weekend!
(05-08-2018, 16:55)turkeydinner Wrote: I was out cycling making most of this beautiful weather so i missed the game
But yes definitely very fair comment, four years in second place but are the funds being spared to help bridge a gap between us and Celtic?
Some very large losses this year on top of the last few years in terms of personnel of which haven't always been adequately replaced
I like Stevie May and it`s a shame he never showed his potential at SHW and PNE but certainly not a player who works best as lone striker which McInnes always uses
Definitely need reinforcements and a proper left back again Considine is not the answer there against quality opposition, he is targeted as a weak link
Expect greater challenge from Hibs, Rangers and perhaps Killie and Hearts so a stronger squad is needed
Not sure how good the youth development is these days I know Willie Miller put a hell of a lot into it and we saw the likes of Ryan Jack, Fraser Fyvie, Jack Grimmer, Peter Pawlettand Ryan Fraser look very promising but he`s gone a few years now, always spoke of youth development as a ten year process.  We let Lawrence Shankland go last year and he`s scored for fun at Ayr United (28 goals in 31 apps) which has led to Dundee apparently offering 250k

Watched most of the game in the pub before ours.

Aberdeen typically really poor v sevco under mcinnes,and generally speaking look weaker than last season. Cosgrove in particular looks a real pudding. You guys need 2 or 3 players quickly or no way will you be finishing 2nd again.

May was a good player but his knees have done him in, he has no pace to speak of now.

As for sevco, they look a bit stronger and better organised at the back, more fight but lacking in real quality. Gerrard acting like a classless dick afterwards,seige mentality installed after game 1.
A good point re Stevie G's siege mentality comment after one league match. What an idiot esp after their numpty fans' nasty behaviour in a 1-2-3 sequence of incidents/matches for which the club should be fined and warned to enforce proper behaviour or fine them again if no improvement!!!
Watching the highlights of Aberdeen's latest confrontation with Rangers in the Scot Cup QF and got 1 x stonewall pk and denied another definitely because it was in the 2nd half and no way back for Rangers, a shocker! Plus Morelos again flicking out at certain Aberdeen defenders and already on a yellow card for simulation!!!? I give up!! There is still something far wrong with the officiation of Rangers' matches and it is no longer fair and impartial any more up here!!
Aberdeen should have won it really.

Take morelos,mcgregor and the SFA officials out the equation and that sevco team are nothing startling, their record against the top 6 sides is underwhelming.

I'd love it (kevin keegan stylee) to end their league "challenge" on Friday.
0762 likes this post
Can Dons win the replay? Not if it`s 11 vs 12

Hardly played nice football all year but winning at theirs would stop the `get rid of McInnes` brigade for a week or so
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »