Thread Rating:
Matty Willock
St Mirren Football Club is delighted to announce that Matty Willock has joined St Mirren on a season-long loan from Manchester United subject to international clearance.

The 21 year-old midfielder has experience of SPFL Premiership football having spent the second half of last season on loan at St Johnstone.

He now joins Alan Stubbs' side ahead of our Premiership campaign kicking off next week.

Speaking on the move, Matty told stmirren.com: "I'm really delighted. I spoke to the gaffer and he really sold me on the way he wants the team to progress this season.

"I know what I am coming into. I know the tempo of the game is really quick so hopefully my experience last season stands me in good stead.

"I'm a midfielder, I work hard, I try and drive forward with the ball and will hopefully chip in with some goals and assists."

Manager, Alan Stubbs, said: "He certainly brings a physicality to the midfield. Most importantly, he brings competition for places.

"He is a big lad, six foot one or two, powerful, aggressive, he will get around the pitch.

"He is a threat in terms of scoring, which is what I want to add to the midfield area, and he certainly gives us a lot of options in there."

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-n...ts-on-loan
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »