Thread Rating:
India's tour of England 2018
(25-06-2018, 17:17)Marco4 Wrote: Ooh, I might keep an eye on that, see if it's worth me popping up on the Saturday.

Not sure whether you were still planning on attending this, Marco, but it's now been reduced to three days because of the heatwave. Sunshine stops play Rolleyes

Shame really, because it looks like being a decent tour match. Difficult first hour today, India 5-2 within a couple of overs and two further chances dropped in the slips, then some big runs for the middle-order with Kohli making 68.
Rasheeeeeeeed. Back in the test squad.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Rashid back in the squad is a kick in the nuts for those in the CC
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

It's ruffled a few feathers, but the right decision in my eyes. Leach has been injured all season, Bess is one for the future and should be eased in gradually. After his Warnesque dismissal of Kohli in the last ODI, leaving out the in-form leggy with the most international experience would be cutting your nose off to spite your face.
I'm happy that bess and leach are training with the squad and that porter has been called up with curran retained. Would liked to have seen a young batter ala joe clarke or ollie pope included along with someone rather sharp like a jamie overton or saqib mahmood. Yes it would be a large squad but I'd rather a large squad with younger players that are raw and learning, just so they can bowl to and face our top players, whilst also getting a feel for the environment and set up. Also lets the coaches see what they are about and shows other young county players that its possible to get involved
Lord Snooty likes this post
Really looking forward to this series. A combination of the weather and England's World Cup campaign has put me in mind of summer 1990, Gooch's 333, the emergence of Tendulkar, etc. Been a bit dismal over the weekend, but fingers crossed, weather's set fair in Birmingham over the next five days.
Curran and Rashid play Porter and Ali miss out

210-4 to 285-9 shocking by England when Root and Bairstow were in 400 and above looked on daft run out then Ashwin shows his class

England's 1000th test match going the same way as the other 999 by having a middle order collapse. Rolleyes
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Dropping Kohli not recommended

India 274 Kohli 149

Cook gone to Ashwin 9-1 close

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »