Thread Rating:
Dundee United sign two goalkeepers
Dundee United have signed two goalkeepers as their summer recruitment drive continues.

Slovakian shot-stopper Matej Rakovan is joining from Czech side FC Vysocina Jihlava on a two-year deal.

The 28-year-old started his career with his hometown side MSK Zilina and, following a loan spell with Czech top-flight outfit Karvina, played for Slavia and Vysocina Jihlava, for whom he played 24 games last season.

Rakovan said: “I am extremely happy to sign for Dundee United. It was always my dream to play in the UK and I am very excited about this new chapter in my career. “

Also, the club announced the capture of Swiss keeper Benjamin Siegrist on a two-year deal.

The 26-year-old has represented his country up to under-21 level and featured as back-up keeper when Switzerland contested the Olympics in London in 2012.

Siegrist signed for Aston Villa at the age of 16 and subsequently joined Cambridge United, Solihull Moors and Wycombe Wanderers on loan before moving on to Liechtenstein-based Vaduz in 2016, making over 30 appearances.

He said: “I am delighted to come to a club like Dundee United. It is a great opportunity for me to start a new chapter in my career and I am looking forward to the challenge

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/fo...n-the-way/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »